William Bonner breaks the silence on the departure of ‘Jornal Nacional’

William Bonner renewed his contract with TV Globo until 2025. However, information circulates that he must leave the “Jornal Nacional” before the end of the contract. According to columnist André Romano, from TV Observatory, the journalist says goodbye to the newspaper bench in the second half of 2023. In a note sent to the newspaper Folha de São Paulo, the anchor, who was away from the attraction this year for health reasons, denies the information and reinforces that he does not think about leaving the station.

+ William Bonner’s reaction at the event went viral in recent days

I don’t know who invents these rumors that I would want to leave Globobut the intention is obvious: to make money by getting people to click on the deceptive link”, said Bonner, who continued with criticism: “My name and those of other colleagues at Globo have been systematically used for this purpose by sites that live from this expedient low”.

Still in the statement, Bonner guarantees that his professional plans are focused on “Jornal Nacional” and on TV Globo journalism projects. “I am completing 36 years at Globo in these days of June and I feel with energy and willingness to continue for a long time in the performance of a work that I consider of enormous relevance for our country.“, he stated.

+ See William Bonner in rare busted with his wife, Natasha Dantas

WILLIAM BONNER: BEHIND THE MILLIONAIRE NEGOTIATION WITH TV GLOBO

According to columnist Alessandro Lo-Bianco, from IG, William has already communicated several times to the top management of TV Globo his desire to leave “Jornal Nacional”, but ended up backtracking three times after the broadcaster’s proposals.

The second time he considered leaving the news, the station offered Bonner almost double his salary, which jumped from R$450,000 to R$800,000. Also according to the columnist, the journalist gained some perks, among them, reduction of the working day, which reached 12 hours a day, annual vacation of up to 2 months and a weekly day off between Monday and Friday.

The last renewal, last year, focused on coverage of this year’s electoral race. Lo-Bianco says that TV Globo released BRL 86 million to keep Bonner in the casting, which guaranteed a salary of BRL 1.8 million per month. However, this time, the journalist seems irreducible and does not intend to give in to the company’s advances.

According to André Romano, César Tralli, anchor of “Jornal Hoje”, is currently the most quoted name to succeed Bonner in “Jornal Nacional”.

Leave a Comment