Pipi Estrada became the first participant to be announced as part of “Nightmare in Paradise”, the new reality show of Telecincowhere we will see 16 contestants called farmers, compete under extreme conditions: without any kind of comfort, without water or electricity and living with animals.
“From DJ to farmer. I have worked with the greats of TV and radio”, was the brief presentation that was given to him before his name was revealed on the “Sálvame” program. Due to the expectation that his presence has generated, we tell you what you should know about this controversial character.
1. PERSONAL DATA OF PIPI ESTRADA
- Full name: Jose Manuel Estrada Calzada
- Better known as: Pipi Estrada
- Place of birth: Gijon, Asturias
- Nationality: Spanish
- Birthday: March 12
- Year of birth: 1957
- Age: 65 years
- Active years: Since 1975
- Instagram: @pipi_estrada
2. WHO INFLUENCED YOUR CAREER?
In her homeland, Pipi met Gaspar Rosety, a Spanish journalist who would end up being a determining figure in her career.
3. WHY DO THEY CALL HIM PIPI?
It was Rosety who put the nickname of Pipi, alluding to the protagonist of stories Pippi Långstrumpa literary character created by Swedish writer Astrid Lindgren.
4. UNIVERSITY STUDIES
He traveled to Madrid to fulfill his father’s wish: to study industrial engineeringwhich ended satisfactorily.
5. WORK AS A DJ
While Pipi Estrada was studying at university worked as a DJ in various nightclubs. It was the year 1975.
6. STARTS IN THE WORLD OF RADIO
His father died when Pipi was 22 years old, the age at which he also decided to ienter the radio world. His first job was on Radio 80later on Antena 3 Radio from 1983 to 1994. Later he held the position of head of Sports for Onda Cero and in 2004 he came to COPE, in 2004. Between 2005 and 2011 he was on Punto Radio and between 2001 and 2016 he was on the broadcasts of the Real Madrid on EsRadio.
7. CAREER IN TELEVISION
In 2004, he was presenter and director of El banquillo on Onda 6, in addition to working as a ‘love counselor’ on “Mujeres y hombres y viceversa” (2009-2013). Not only that, because he collaborated on various Telecinco programs. One of his outstanding works is in “El chiringuito de Jugones”, which has been broadcast since 2014, where he presents his section “El Pipirato”. This 2022 is in “Save me”.
8. APPEARS IN A SERIES
Pipi Estrada appeared in two episodes of the series “La que se avecina”, playing himself.
9. HE PARTICIPATED IN “SURVIVOR”
This character was in “Survivors 2006”, managing to stay in the reality show for 35 days, being the fifth expelled. The winner on that occasion was Carmen Russo.
10. THE COUPLES OF PIPI ESTRADA
- Pipi Estrada married Teresa Viera in 1978, the mother of his two children, one they adopted and the other they had in common. The marriage ended in 2003, after it was discovered that he had an affair with Teleru Campos, an announcer and television presenter, who was also married. Both divorced their respective partners.
- That same year, he began an affair with Teleru, but they decided to go their separate ways in 2006.
- As soon as they finished, he began dating actress Miriam Sánchez, with whom he had a daughter in July 2007. At the age of six, in 2012, they broke up, although they decided to give themselves another chance the following year, but after a few months they decided that the best was to be apart.
11. LEGAL ISSUES
In 2012, the Civil Chamber of the Supreme Court sentenced Estrada and the magazine Interviú to pay compensation of 60,000 euros to Terelu for having aired sexual intimacies when they were a couple, in 2007. Because he did not comply with paying said amount, it increased with interest at 75,000 euros, publishes The confidential.