Essential oils can be valuable allies to relieve eczema. They are used in addition to treatment with topical corticosteroidsthe latter should never be stopped without medical advice.
“They can both soothe lesions and calm nervousness,” says Oriane Jurado, naturopath.
Five essential oils to relieve eczema
Here are those recommended by the naturopath regardless of the location of theeczema : crook of the elbow, back of the knees, hands, cuffs, pegs.
• To appease : I’spike lavender essential oil contains linalool and camphor. It relieves skin sensitized by dryness and irritation.
• To heal : I’Palmarosa essential oil is antiseptic and promotes healing by sanitizing lesions to restore a germ-free environment.
• To regenerate : I’rose geranium essential oil inhibits inflammation and stimulates the synthesis of new keratinocytes. It promotes tissue reconstruction.
• To fight against inflammation : I’Roman chamomile essential oil calms redness and vesicles. It also has an action on one of the possible causes of eczema: stress, by soothing anxiety.
• Against itching : I’annual tansy essential oil acts like a antihistamine local. It calms the itching and reactions linked to a contact allergy.
Which vegetable oils to use for dilution?
Essential oils are used mainly diluted. “Here are the vegetable oils to use for their dilution, advises Oriane Jurado, naturopath. They act like emollients. »
• Borage oil : “Thanks to its antioxidant vitamins (A and E), it helps to limit skin aging induced by free radicals”, explains the naturopath
• calendula oil : she softensbrought candy and elasticity to the skin.
• calophyllum oil : rich in fatty acids, it strengthens the hydrolipidic film skin and nourishes the epidermis in depth,” explains Oriane Jurado.
What precautions should be taken before using an essential oil?
Whether as part of theeczema or for any other pathology, before any use of an essential oil, “It is recommended to test the complex in the crook of the elbow or wrist to ensure there is no allergic reaction to any of the components, recommends Oriane Jurado. And for the people with epilepsya medical opinion is absolutely necessary before any use. »
Essential oils are not recommended for children under 6 years oldwith a few exceptions, during the pregnancy and thefeeding with milk.
“For the little ones, prefer lavender and rose hydrosols, to be applied very gently, morning and evening, with a compress”, advises the naturopath.
Good to know : “Essential oils should not be applied to the mucous membranes. It is therefore necessary to be very careful, warns the naturopath. And in case of accident, rinse thoroughly with a neutral vegetable oil. »
Here is the advice of the naturopath:
The quick reflex against eczema
“Apply 2 drops of spike lavender essential oil directly to the lesions, 2 to 3 times a day,” recommends the naturopath.
Special child from 3 years old
“Mix, in a bottle, 5 drops of essential oil of fine lavender (and not aspic!), 5 drops of essential oil of Roman chamomile and 10 ml of vegetable oil of calophylle inophylle”, explains Oriane Jurado.
Relieve dry eczema
It is characterized by a Red skinfrom peelinga skin dryness. To appease thedry eczema “Mix in a bottle 10 drops of spike lavender essential oil, 10 drops of rose geranium essential oil, 10 drops of annual tansy essential oil and 9 ml of borage vegetable oil”, recommends the naturopath.
Relieve oozing eczema
It is characterized by a large number of vesicles which, when they break, spread the liquid they contain on the skin, which gives a oozing appearance before some scabs form and the eczema dries up. To soothe it, “Mix in a bottle 10 drops of spike lavender essential oil, 10 drops of palmarosa essential oil, 10 drops of roman chamomile essential oil and 10 ml of aloe vera gel, moisturizing without be fat,” advises the naturopath.
Here is how to relieve eczema naturally.