Normally when you cook pasta you drain it in the kitchen sink, and let the cooking water go down the drain. But you should know that this liquid can be very useful and very few know everything that can be done with it. Today at MAG we tell you three ways to reuse pasta water and not throw it away. write these down homemade tricks kitchen.
MORE | The best home tricks to make pasta faster
Before making exquisite spaghetti with white sauce or a healthy cold pasta salad, it must first be cooked. That remaining water becomes rich in mineral salts and starch.so it can be recycled and used to use in the kitchen or even for cleaning the home.
How to reuse pasta water and not throw it away
Once the pasta has been boiled, all you have to do is pass the water through a strainer and it will be ready to reuse. Here we leave you some ingenious ideas to take advantage of the pasta water.
1. Use it to steam cook
When your pasta is cooked, with the help of a strainer, you can pour it into another container (separating it from it, of course), to use it a second time to cook vegetables, which could accompany your pasta. You can also do it in a steam pot to use it with legumes or fish, for example.
2. Base for sauces
A great homemade kitchen trick of Italian chefs is to save the water after straining the pasta and add a little to the sauce you are preparing, be it pesto, bolognese, carbonara, among others. This will make the preparation take a little more consistency, if it is too watery.
3. Use it to make broth or other soup
with the busy rhythm of life that we carry, many people we opted to cook several things in a single day, to change stews with the rest. So if you make pasta and you intend to make a soup or broth, well, the water from the first can serve you great as the base of the second.
4. Homemade dish detergent
The starch found in the water is optimal for washing dishes, cutlery or crystal glasses, as it works very well as a natural detergent and even with pots. In fact, being hot, it helps to remove grease and dirt. Soak the utensils in that liquid for a few minutes before putting them in the dishwasher or washing them by hand.
5. To water the plants
The pasta cooking water, especially if you have used very little salt, can be used to water the plants, the orchard or the garden. Just let it cool and put it in a watering can.
How to cook pasta al dente?
To obtain a pasta al dente you must take into account these homemade tricks:
- It should not be overcooked: if you over cook the pasta it will ruin it. The cooking time varies according to its quality and thickness. The pasta will be al dente when it is cooked on the inside, this does not mean that it is soft on the outside, normally it is slightly hard when removed from the heat.
- Taste the paste after 6 or 7 minutes: at that point it should still be a bit hard. It is best to blow on it to cool it before trying it, this way you avoid burning your tongue.
- For en.wikihow.com “The al dente pasta will feel firm, not hard. You can also tear a piece of pasta in half and see the cut section; al dente pasta is mostly cooked with a small section of raw pasta in the center.”
- Do not rinse the paste with cold water: when the pasta is al dente, it should not be rinsed with cold water, unless we are preparing a cold salad. Otherwise, we will cause it to lose the starch necessary for the sauce to adhere.
Follow us on our social networks: