It’s #wanted time! Through this little weekly meeting, the fashion & beauty editorial team shares their current favorites. Trendy gadgets, a new it-bag that is creating a buzz, a pair of shoes that makes us crack or accessories that we would love to acquire to adorn our wardrobes … we take you on a discovery of the must-have to adopt urgently.
Today’s favorite is not one, but several bags from the French leather goods brand Polène. If we no longer present the brand which offers a magnificent collection of high quality handbags, tote bags and accessories, the presence of several of its iconic models in season 2 of the series “Emily in Paris”, confirms that the griffe is included in the ranking of the “must have” brands of the moment.
• In episode 3 of the series, Camille brings Emily to a hammam in Paris. When she arrives, Camille wears the black “Béri” model with its golden chain. Associated with a black monochrome outfit, the bag brings a sophisticated touch to the whole. Here it is worn on the shoulder by the character played by Camille Razat for a chic and elegant look.
• In episode 4, the main character played by Lily Collins attends her first French lesson. This funny and light-hearted scene allows the actress to walk back and forth around the classroom in search of a potential new friend. Armed with his bucket bag which is none other than the famous “Number Eight” from Polène in “fresh almond” color, she discusses with different people before finding her final office and her sidekick for the day. The monochrome almond green color harmoniously complements the houndstooth pattern of his jacket.
• Later in the same episode Camille is at the office for a business meeting. For this occasion, she chose to wear the “Portefeuille Nombre Seven” belt bag model. Adorned with an oversized black blazer jacket, it cinches the waist to feminize an iconic piece of the male wardrobe. This model can also be worn crossbody for a more casual wear.
• Later in the plot, Camille visits her ex-boyfriend Gabriel in his new restaurant. Combined with a very casual denim outfit, her “Berri” bag in “chalk” color dresses the whole thing thanks to its very sophisticated golden chain. Rather connoted evening, this bag can be ultra-visual during the day as well.
• Finally, actress Kate Walsh makes her appearance in the series when she arrives in Paris to assist Emily. Adept of American practicality, she adopts on two stages le cabas oversize « Cyme ». Day or night, the character appropriates this iconic leather totebag model ideal for everyday use. Carried closed thanks to a set of magnets, it can also be opened, landscape format.