Sacred Francophone Group / Duo of the year and the music video of the year, Vitaa and Slimane particularly moved the spectators of the NRJ Music Awards on Saturday evening … On November 20, 2021, the ceremony made a comeback at the Palais des Festivals of Cannes for its 23rd edition, broadcast live on TF1. When it was time to collect their prize, the two artists ended up in tears in front of the audience and the cameras.
“This is our last, because soon, we will go back to each other solo, began Slimane. I wanted to tell you, really, from the bottom of … sorry. “From the start of his speech, the ex-candidate of The Voice let himself be overcome by emotion. With tears in his eyes and a tight throat, he resumed as best he could, encouraged by the audience: “I haven’t met a singer, I haven’t met a friend, I have met someone from my family. As if we had to find each other. You helped me to be a better person and I will miss you everyday when we stop“Slimane then added that he hoped to win this award, not out of a competitive spirit, but because he wanted to have”this memory, one last time“with Vitaa.
Touched by the true declaration of friendship of her sidekick, the singer then tenderly embraced her sidekick, before speaking in turn: “Thank you so much. It’s hard to follow up! Thank you for leaving me this place (…). You gave me back confidence when I needed it most, you know you are more than a brother for everything you have transmitted to me. This duo, I would have liked to do it with no one else.”
If the separation is near, after three years of fruitful collaboration around the album Versus, Vitaa and Slimane still have a couple of dates scheduled. After a triumphant VersuS Tour, which continues to pass everywhere in France, Switzerland and Belgium, their fans have just learned that a new date is planned in Paris: meet on December 22, 2022 on the stage of La Défense Arena!
Good news which was also posted this Sunday, November 21 in XXL format (59 meters!), By their label Indifférence Prod directed by Hicham Bendaoud (husband of Vitaa) and saïd Boussif, on the TF1 Tower in Boulogne-Billancourt ( see slideshow). What to celebrate the end of a popular duo, which has not left the small screen or the airwaves since the release of their album Versus in 2019. Indifférence prod is a great team: their partner has managed to put more than 1 million of their records on the shelves, and their press officers have managed to make them the most broadcast on the airwaves, the most viewed on the small screen!
The 2021 NRJ Music Awards:
– Francophone Female Artist of the Year: Eva
– Francophone Male Artist of the Year: Dadju
– Francophone Revelation of the Year: NAPS
– Francophone Group / Duo of the year: Vitaa & Slimane
– Francophone Collaboration of the Year: Amel Bent and Hatik – “1, 2, 3”
– International Female Artist of the Year: Dua Lipa
– International Male Artist of the Year: Ed Sheeran
– International Revelation of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo
– International Group / Duo of the Year: Coldplay
– International Collaboration of the Year: Coldplay and BTS – “My Universe”
– International Song of the Year: Ed Sheeran – “Bad Habits”
– Music video of the year: Vitaa & Slimane – Gold
– DJ of the year: DJ Snake
– NRJ Music Award of Honor: Imagine Dragons
– Francophone song of the year: Kendji Girac – “Obviously”