UPTET Child Development And Pedagogy Practice Set 08 : UPTET exam was to be held on 28th November but due to paper leak, the entire exam process had to be canceled midway, now its exam is to be conducted on 23rd January 2022. Its admit card has also been issued. The candidates of this exam are busy preparing with their hard work.
In such a situation, through this article, we will make you aware of 30 important questions of child development and pedagogy of the past years asked in the UPTET exam, by studying which you can strengthen your preparation even more.
UPTET Child Development And Pedagogy Practice Set 08
Question: To facilitate the learning of children, teachers need to create a good classroom environment. Which one of the following statements is not used to create this type of learning environment?
- acknowledging the child’s efforts
- act according to teachers
- accepting a child
- positive attitude of teacher
Question: Given below are some statements about boys and girls. Which of the following according to you is correct?
- Boys should help with tasks outside the home
- boys should help with household chores
- All boys should be taught science and girls should be taught home science
- Girls should help with household chores
Question: In writing in a child’s copy, mistakes like contrast images, mirror images, etc. are found. This type of child is displaying symptoms
- discomfort in learning
- difficulty in learning
- learning disabilities
- problems in learning
Answer : 3
Question: Which of the following is best suited for the emotional development of children?
- Democratic classroom environment
- No involvement of teachers as it is the job of the parents
- controlled classroom environment
- Classroom authoritarian environment
Question: Which of the following is not an appropriate formative assessment task?
- open ended questions
- Assignment or Project
- Determining the order of merit of students
Question: It is important to be an effective teacher
- emphasizing on writing the answers from the book
- focus on individual learning rather than group activity
- Ignoring the disruption caused by students asking questions
- keeping in touch with each child
Question: What should teachers focus on in order to help learners acquire knowledge?
- making sure learners remember everything
- on the marks/grades obtained by the learner
- Involve the learner for active participation
- mastery of the concepts of learning by the learner
Answer : 3
Question: From the point of view of the teacher, what is the combination of talent?
- High Ability – High Creativity – High Commitment
- High Motivation – High Commitment – High Efficiency
- High Ability – High Efficiency High Commitment
- High Efficiency- High Creativity- High Memory Power
Question: According to NCF-2005, mistakes are important because
- It is an important tool for classifying students into ‘passed’ and ‘failed’ groups.
- It provides a way for teachers to scold children
- It provides insight to the child’s thinking and helps identify solutions
- It provides half the space to remove some children from the classroom
Answer : 3
Question: Learning experiences should be organized in such a way as to make learning meaningful. Which of the following learning experiences does not facilitate meaningful learning for children?
- Repetition based on memorizing the content
- question the subject matter
- Debate and debate on the matter
- presentation on the case
Q: What is the consequence of punishing children verbally or non-verbally?
- motivate them to act
- protect the image of the child
- improve their marks
- destroy their self-concept
Question: Which of the following provides information about the roles and behaviors that are acceptable in a group during the early childhood period?
- teacher and companion
- siblings and teachers
- partner and parent
- parents and siblings
Question: What is ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking related to?
- favorable thinking
- divergent thinking
- Memory based thinking
- convergent thinking
Question: In teaching, students can be assessed by teachers to develop this insight
- Identifying students who want to be promoted to higher grades
- Not promoting students who are not up to the standard of the school
- To change the teaching approach according to the needs of the learners
- Creating groups of ‘talented’ and ‘weak’ students in the classroom
Answer : 3
Question: To motivate the students for cleanliness, making them a member of the cleanliness committee, reflects
- Socio-Cultural Concepts of Motivation
- Behavioral approach to inspiration
- Humanistic Approach to Inspiration
- cognitive approach to motivation
Question: Which of the following age groups comes under the late childhood category?
- 11 to 18 years
- birth to 6 years
- 18 to 24 years
- 6 to 11 years
Q: Arjav argues that language development is influenced by a person’s natural instincts, while Sonali feels that it is influenced by the environment. What is this discussion between Arjav and Sonali about?
- challenging and sensitive feeling
- The debate on stability and instability
- continuous and discrete learning
- debate on nature and nurture
Question: Which level in Lawrence Kohberg’s theory correctly indicates the absence of morality?
- Level I
- Level II
- Level III
- Level IV
Question: Which of the following is not correct with reference to the progressive model of socialization of children?
- Active participation in group work and learning of social skills
- Children accept what they are told in school, regardless of their social background
- There should be a place for democracy in the classroom
- Socialization is the acquisition of social rules
Question: Why is assessment necessary in learning?
- for grades and marks
- for test test
- for inspiration
- To promote the purpose of segregation and grading
Question: The teacher noticed that Pushpa cannot solve any one problem on her own. Yet she does so in the presence of an adult or partner’s guidance. this guide is called
- preoperative thinking
- zone of proximal development
- Give support
Question: The teacher wrote the head of a committee as ‘Chairman’ instead of ‘Chairman’. This indicates that the teacher
- follows a more appropriate term
- has good command over the language
- is using a gender-free language
- suffers from gender bias
Answer : 3
Question: Why is continuous and comprehensive evaluation necessary?
- To reconcile testing with teaching
- To reduce the accountability of the Board of Education
- Correcting mistakes made at shorter intervals than mistakes made more often
- To understand how learning is observed, recorded and can be improved
Question: By what name is the addition of new information in the existing schemes known?
Answer : 3
Q: We all differ in terms of our intelligence, motivation, aptitude etc. This principle is related
- by individual
- principles of intelligence
- by inheritance
- from the environment
Question: Students from disadvantaged groups should be taught along with normal students. it means
- inclusive education
- special education
- integrated education
- exclusionary education
Question: Which of the following is not the meaning of practical intelligence in the Trinitarian Theory?
- rebuilding the environment
- to think practically only about oneself
- Choosing the Kind of Environment in which You Can Succeed
- adapt to the environment
Question: “Anyone can be angry—it is easy, but it is not easy to be angry at the right person in the right amount, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way.” it is related
- From emotional development
- by cognitive development
- by social development
- by physical development
Question: Decreased writing ability related to distorted handwriting is a symptom of
Question: According to Piaget’s theory, which of the following will not affect the cognitive development of a person?
- social experience
Answer : ??
What would be the correct answer to this question? Do give us your answer in the comment section.
Hope you liked this practice set, do bookmark the government alert for every information related to government exams.