Will Tom Cruise Turn His Back On The Movie Franchise After ‘Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2’? According to some reports yes, but the director of the films has objections.
Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning – Part 1
Tom Cruise recently turned 60 and still throws himself head over heels into daring stunts, even at a proud age. Filming for “Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1” has already been completed, but the Hollywood star is currently in front of the camera for the sequel. After this film, Tom Cruise should turn his back on the film series – at least if you want to believe some reports.
Some sources are said to be the industry journal Variety have reported that the upcoming Mission: Impossible two-parter will be released as a kind Farewell to Tom Cruise act and accordingly bring the career of Ethan Hunt to a well-deserved conclusion. Christopher McQuarrie, the director of most of the offshoots of the series, has now responded to these speculations in the Light the Fuse Podcast (via IndieWire) reacted.
Of course, the 53-year-old filmmaker has not clearly confirmed or denied the speculation, but he insisted that a few words about reporting to lose:
“Let me tell you, I’ve been working with Tom Cruise for 15 years and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stood next to this man, witnessed an event and then the next day read about it in the press and nothing of it what was described there is really true.”
In view of this statement, Christopher McQuarrie delivered an anecdote about the manner of reporting:
“Here’s an example: We have a scene between Tom and Haley in Birmingham [Atwell] turned. The next day I read an article in the newspaper that said Tom and four other people had dinner at an Indian restaurant. I read that Tom insisted on not sitting at a table in a private room but in the main room with the other people and that Tom ordered the chicken masala three times because he liked it so much. I called Tom the next day and said, ‘There’s something weird about this article. It’s 100% correct.’ It was the first time I read an article that described everything as it happened.”
“Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1” is still a while away. In the meantime, however, if you feel the need for more action hits, then we recommend the following five film series:
Christopher McQuarrie and Tom Cruise are already planning another project
Christopher McQuarrie also shared that he is working with Tom Cruise on another even “crazier” film is working. Following Jack Reacher and the Mission: Impossible films, this is the sixth collaboration between the two filmmakers to be directed by Christopher McQuarrie. He commented on the previously untitled film as follows:
“It’s very different from what you’re used to from Tom. That’s something I really love. It’s a bit more in my area of expertise. And yet we’ve incorporated everything we’ve learned on this journey into our films, which is that it’s more and more about emotion and genuine emotional experiences.”
It remains to be seen to what extent the film will trump Tom Cruise’s previous stunt antics. Before that, however, the duo brings us a real action-fest with “Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1”, which from the July 13, 2023 will be shown on the big screen.
How well do you know the Mission: Impossible series? Find out now in our quiz:
did you like this article? Discuss with us about current cinema releases, your favorite series and films that you are longingly waiting for – on
Facebook. Follow us too