The truth behind the controversial viral balsamic vinegar “healthy drink” on TikTok

  • They took custody of his daughter for his addictions and, after rehabilitating, he is reunited with her
  • He was diagnosed with indigestion and died of cancer two months later.

A few weeks ago, a tiktoker from USA turned viral for making famous a “healthy drink” based on balsamic vinegar and sparkling water. However, several of the users who tried the recipe suffered from nausea and recently dentists warned of the risk that exists if its consumption becomes excessive.

amanda jones is an actress originally from California who, at the beginning of June, gained popularity on TikTok for making a drink based on balsamic vinegar and sparkling water. She described it as a “healthy drink” and with a “soda flavor”, so she encouraged the community to try to prepare it.

As indicated in a video that went viral, his Pilates instructor was the one who taught him the particular recipe and assured that he takes it every day. The actress, for her part, has been doing it for two years.

@mandyvjones @LaCroix Sparkling Water ♬ original sound – Amanda Jones

The reaction of the users

The video exceeded 6 million views and motivated users from different countries to prepare the concoction at home. However, for most users the disappointment was great, as it caused nausea and vomiting, as evidenced by a report from .

Precisely, users showed their annoyance on TikTok with all kinds of comments, which caused a response from the tiktoker. “I didn’t think people would get so mad over a fun drink,” she said in an interview with the quoted media.

The dentist’s warning

After the video of the “healthy drink” went viral, dentists from the United States came forward to warn of the risks that its consumption can cause.

An investigation by the American Dental Association (ADA, for its acronym in English) reveals that consuming highly acidic beverages can be dangerous for tooth enamel, according to reproduced .

“I love balsamic vinegar, but I enjoy it more in my salad than in my glass. It’s much kinder to teeth than bathing them in a two-acid drink mix,” ADA spokesman Dr. Edmond Hewlett said in a statement. “The more acidic the drink, the greater the risk of dental erosion with frequent consumption.”

The study also reveals that regular and diet sodas, as well as flavored sparkling waters, lead to a weakening of enamel. In that sense, the only drinks that were safe were bottles of water without gas or flavor, the study concluded.

Follow us on our social networks:

Leave a Comment