- The moisture that accumulates in the dish drainer encourages the growth of germs.
- Why is it not recommended to pour boiling water into the sink to unclog it?
- How often should bath towels be changed?
Although there are some models that are made of plastic, it is very common for homes to have aluminum or stainless steel dish drainers that, if not cared for correctly, can also be damaged and not live up to their name. If you have one, here we leave you one homemade trick that it has no loss for you to wash all your plates, cups and cutlery and then place them in it without fear of rust.
After breakfast, lunch or dinner, it is best to go to the sink to wash all the dishes well so that they do not accumulate in a mountain, something that is also dangerous for family health.
Normally the drainer is strategically located next to the laundry room to accommodate everything clean in that space and thus wait for it to drain before storing it; however, this practice damages it and it can start to rust
How to prevent the dish drainer from rusting?
This trick is very easy to perform and from mag We assure you that it will make a difference in prolonging the life of this important kitchen tool, so take note.
- Every drop of water that drips off dishes, cups, or countertops after washing can remove the protective enamel on the rack and cause it to rust.
- The trick is how we are going to dry our dishes and place them there.
- The first thing will be to modify the drying process, this means that you only have to wash the plates, glasses or cups and let the water slide vertically into the sink while you take one by one in your hands.
- This will make it so that there is not as much liquid left and they will dry faster.
- In addition, there will be no water accumulated at the bottom of the drainer, something that damages it over time.
- In addition to this, once the dishes are dry, they must be stored in their place and all possible traces of moisture must be removed from the drainer, so fungus or mold will not grow.
How to clean the dish drainer?
If you were late to this homemade trick and your dish drainer already has black or rusty spots, to clean it correctly you will need the following utensils:
- 1 ⅔ cup baking soda
- ½ cup liquid soap
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- ½ cup of water
Now you must implement this step by step:
- In a plastic container, mix all the ingredients until they form a homogeneous paste. Remove all dishes from the drainer and remove excess water with a cloth.
- The next step will be to apply the mixture over the entire surface and, with the help of a soft bristle brush, make circular movements.
- Let stand for two to three hours. After this time, remove with a dry cloth.
- Rinse the dish drainer under hot water and remove any moisture with another clean rag.
- It is best to perform this procedure once a week, so we ensure that the dishes are kept 100% clean.
What is the correct order to wash dishes after cooking
Don’t know where to start? If you have accumulated various dishes, glasses and pots, here we explain the correct order to wash them and finish faster.
- Glasses: The first thing you should start washing are the glasses, cups and/or glasses, since they are the ones that accumulate the least dirt and need a sponge without food remains to be impeccable. In addition, it prevents them from colliding with other frets and could break them.
- Plates: the second thing on the list are the deep and extended dishes, as they explain from GastroLab. The ideal is to first rinse before washing to remove excess food.
- Cutlery: spoons, forks and knives will be the next thing to wash.
Follow us on our social networks: