In the Thanksgiving Day (Thanksgiving day) the turkey is the main actor. The prescription What we bring you now is a turkey with a filling that, although it seems laborious, is very easy to make. This dish requires time and that you be aware of the oven. Once the meat of this bird is ready, you can accompany it with a creamy mashed potatoes, salad or cranberry sauce for your dinner this Thursday, November 24.
- 1 turkey (approximately 4kg)
- 500 gr of lean minced pork
- 200 grams of onion
- 200 grams of raisins
- 100 gr of breadcrumbs
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 glass of sherry
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 glass of chicken broth
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Clean and remove the entrails from the turkey. In a bowlmarinate the raisins in Jerez wine for an hour, and then add the breadcrumbs and milk.
- Peel and chop the onion. In a pan with a little oil, fry the onion.
- Mix the pork, with the onion, the bread crumbs and the raisins and form a ball. Season to taste.
- Stuff the turkey through the bottom cavity.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Sew the turkey so that the stuffing does not come out with a fine string.
- Brush the turkey with olive oil and bake for two and a half hours at 180ºC. Water the turkey every 15 or 20 minutes with its juice and a little white wine and broth so it doesn’t dry out.
Preparation time: 20M
Total time: 180M
Follow us on our social networks: