The horror in Evere: one of the children intoxicated with CO on Friday night died, it is an 11-year-old girl

[display-posts orderby="comment_count"]

This is the eldest of the three, an 11-year-old girl, who was in a worrying state when she was taken care of by the emergency services on the spot.

A family of five, the two parents and their three children aged 3, 4 and 11, had been transferred Friday evening to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning at their home located rue François Van Cutsem in Evere.

An ambulance was dispatched to the scene around 7:10 p.m. for an acute medical problem. The rescuers’ CO detector went off as soon as they arrived in the apartment. Medical and firefighter reinforcements were called. The family was evacuated and the windows opened to ventilate the premises.

[display-posts orderby="rand"]

The poisoning was caused by the water heater, located in the bathroom. The room is cramped and does not have sufficient ventilation. The whole family had used the bathroom this Friday evening.

The evacuation of the combustion gases being problematic, the water heater and the gas meter were sealed by a Sibelga technician sent on site. As the facilities were similar in the other apartments in the building, they were eventually all closed. The municipal services and the police of the Brussels North zone took care of the inhabitants.

Leave a Comment