Are you looking for a good film for the whole family? Then we have 12 current recommendations for you from the flat rate offer for Amazon Prime.
With the Prime Service, the online department store Amazon not only offers shipping benefits, but also a wide range of multimedia content. This of course also includes the in-house streaming platform Prime Video, which asserts itself on the streaming market with exclusive offers and discounts on (current) film titles as well as attractive in-house productions in the film and series sector.
No subscription yet? Try Amazon Prime Video for 30 days free of charge.
The 12 Best Family Movies on Amazon Prime
With Prime Video you will find a variety of films and series, so the choice is often difficult. There is something for everyone and every genre lover, and of course there are also some titles on Amazon Prime that you can watch with the whole family. We have put together a list of recommendations for the best family films so that you don’t spend so much time browsing through the offers. If you like the short content, you can follow the links and land directly at the corresponding title on Prime Video. Unless otherwise stated, all films have an FSK 0 or 6 and are therefore mostly suitable for younger children.
- Cinderella (2021): Musical remake of the well-known fairy tale in which Ella (Camila Cabella) dreams of becoming a famous seamstress. But both her stepmother Vivian (Idina Menzel) and the impending marriage endanger her dream.
- Despicable Me (2010): Curmudgeon and super villain Gru is planning the super coup with his loyal followers, the Minions: He wants to steal the moon so that his mother can finally be proud of him. Huge animation fun for young and old!
- Pets (2016): Terrier Max leads a peaceful life in the urban jungle of New York. But his everyday life is turned upside down when his mistress introduces a new family member: the street dog Duke.
- Checker Tobi and the secret of our planet (2019): Based on the children’s knowledge program of the same name, Checker Tobi takes a message in a bottle and takes him around the world once. Can he solve the riddle?
- Home – A smectacular trip (2015): In search of her mother, teenage Tipsy has to team up with a clumsy alien named Oh. But it’s not just Oh’s species that causes them problems, but also their persecutors, the terrifyingly large Gorgs.
- In a Land Before Time (1989): Separated from their parents, a group of dinosaur children come together and try to find their way to the Great Valley together. But the path is not only arduous, but also full of dangers …
In the video we present you the most beautiful children’s and family films from Germany:
- Jim Button and Luke the Engine Driver (2018): To clarify his mysterious origins and to free the kidnapped Princess Li Si, Jim and his friend, engine driver Lukas, embark on an adventurous journey.
- Goosebumps (2016): By chance, teenager Zach (Dylan Minnette) discovers the dark secret of his dubious neighbor, the “goose bumps” author RL Stine (Jack Black): The monsters in his stories are real! Accidentally, Zach releases her, and with the help of Stine’s stories, they join forces to try to save the small town from the monsters.
- The flying classroom (2003): When Jonathan and his friends have an argument with the “external”, the group is punished with the performance of a play. But the planning and rehearsals don’t go quite according to plan and reveal an old secret.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014): Hiccup and Toothless make an amazing discovery on a scouting flight. But the joy does not last long, because a new threat from the unscrupulous dragon hunter Drago is making its way.
- Bibi and Tina – The Movie (2014): Film adaptation of the popular radio play series, in which the friendship of the witch Bibi and girlfriend Tina is put to the test. Can you settle your disagreement and save the foal “Socke” from the businessman Kakmann?
- Harry Potter (full series, 2001 to 2011): Popular adaptation of a book about Harry, a student of the wizard, who has to face numerous challenges with his friends, at the end of which Lord Voldemort is waiting for him. Attention, depending on the cut, the films are FSK 6 or FSK 12, but the series gets darker and darker towards the end and is therefore suitable for older children and young people.
Cartoon film quiz: only real connoisseurs can score 25/30!
did you like this article? Discuss with us about current theatrical releases, your favorite series and films that you are eagerly waiting for – on
Facebook. You are also welcome to follow us