Every now and then you get the Office Family subscription, which can be used by six people at the same time, cheaper. This week you have the opportunity to buy at the saver price.
The current offer from Amazon for Black Friday week is extremely cheap. For only 49.99 euros, you get free use with six people and three months of either Norton or McAfee virus protection for free.
Buy Microsoft 356 now for 49.99 euros – view offer on Amazon
Before buying Windows 10 licenses: Abbreviations you need to know
In order not to buy the license in a bag and then annoy you, we show you the abbreviations with which the Windows 10 licenses are sold and which indicate the scope of the features included in the license.
- OEM: (Original Equipment Manufacturer) These licenses were originally sold to computer manufacturers such as Acer, Medion or Lenovo who equipped their systems with them. Actually, they are not intended for end customers, but they can be legally resold. Usually only the product key for activation is sold and the operating system itself is downloaded. OEM can only be activated on a PC. No packaging, no support and a lot of fakes in circulation.
- Retail: (Retail) These are the classic Windows full versions. You will receive a product key and Windows on a data carrier – CD or USB stick. You can use the license on several PCs and notebooks. The product comes packaged and with a manual, Microsoft telephone support is included. FFP stands for full version (fully packaged product).
- ESD: (Electronic software distribution) You will only receive a license key by email. These versions are primarily intended for PC manufacturers who equip their PCs with them. The abbreviation SB (system builder) appears in connection with this.
- Bulk: Simple mass-produced goods, where you usually get the operating system on a DVD with a paper sleeve. No extras like support or instructions. The dealer should assume the warranty.
- DSP: (Delivery Service Partner) Are scaled-down retail versions that Microsoft sells primarily to wholesalers. There is the product key, data carrier, instructions and the original packaging. There is no direct support from Microsoft, the dealer does that.
32 or 64 bit?
You shouldn’t rely on 32 bit anymore, the future is 64 bit. Many games and even Office require 64 bit.
Is the super bargain legal?
With Windows licenses there is an astonishingly large gray area and even real connoisseurs sometimes have difficulties in clearly recognizing the seriousness of the provider. Pro versions under ten euros have already been negative in the press. Caution should also be exercised on eBay. The costs for the regular version of the Home or Pro edition are around 140 to 260 euros in the Windows shop. You can grab bargain offers from well-known retailers such as Amazon, Saturn, MediaMarkt or Elektronik Conrad.
- Beware of cheap OEM offers – often only a limited trial version is hidden behind the low price. Worse still, stolen or fake registration keys that are then deactivated by the manufacturer.
- For normal private users, we recommend after Windows 10 Home 64 Bit To keep an eye out.
We wouldn’t be kino.de if we couldn’t recognize your zodiac sign when you say goodbye based on your movie preferences. Take the quiz and we’ll tell you what you are.
did you like this article? Discuss with us about the latest theatrical releases, your favorite series and films that you are eagerly waiting for – on Instagram and Facebook. You can also follow us on Flipboard and Google News.