We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you – from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
Our Transfer Pricing team specialises in helping organisations understand how they should price transactions between related parties. We learn how our clients operate, why they succeed, where value lies and how that aligns with international tax rules. Our team is fuelled by curious minds from diverse backgrounds. As part of our team, you’ll work with deep technical specialists in a broad spectrum of areas – together we’ll present differentiated thought leadership to our clients. Our investment in technology, alternative delivery models, and knowledge tools will enable you to deliver work efficiently and allow time to focus on interesting and challenging value added advisory work. We seek to attract the best people from a diverse talent pool and encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. This is what makes us a strong organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce empowered by flexibility in how we work.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assisting in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Leading on the delivery of a variety of technical projects, from planning through to documentation and enquiries
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and further opportunities on new/existing clients
- Coordination with specialists across our global network to deliver great outcomes for our clients
- Training, coaching and supervising junior members of the team
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory and business issues
- Continuing to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Essential skills and experience
- A track record of delivering quality work for clients; demonstrating an understanding of the client’s business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships.
- Extensive experience of advising multinational clients on transfer pricing. Wider experience of other corporate tax or related international issues would also be an advantage.
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients and projects including all aspects of financial and risk management.
- Experience in building internal and external relationships and networks.
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines.
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others.
- A track record of providing meaningful feedback to help others improve and develop.
- An ability to promptly address problems and maintain professional standards.
- University degree and CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply[display-posts orderby="rand"]
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.