What are we looking for?
We are searching for Managers to join our growing procurement and supply chain team based out of our Belfast office.
You will have experience working in a procurement or a buying function in the private or public sector and experience of leading / managing teams.
Due to the nature of our work it would be desirable to have or be working towards full CIPS membership and/or Security Clearance (SC). As part of this role you will be required to apply for Security Clearance if you do not already have it.
We are looking for experienced procurement professionals who can demonstrate significant skills and experience and specifically we are seeking individuals with expertise in one or more of the following:
- Management of a procurement function or category team
- Management / Delivery of performance improvement within a procurement function
- Experience across different areas of the procurement lifecycle which could include:
- Developing procurement strategies
- Managing market engagement
- Preparing and running prequalification activity
- Developing tender documentation including advising on contractual structure and commercial construct
- Developing and running negotiations and evaluations
- Category management
- Contract management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Use of Source to Pay systems (e.g. SAP Ariba, Jaggaer/BravoSolutions, Coupa)
- Experience of any particular procurement categories (e.g. IT, Estates, FMCG, Professional Services, Civils / Infrastructure, Industrial Products, Energy & Water, Logistics, Transport / Fleet Management etc)
- Experience running public sector procurements. This could include procuring through frameworks, in accordance with OJEU procedures and running competitions or single tender actions.
Procurement Delivery Team
PwC is recruiting to our procurement delivery team in order to meet significant demand for these business critical services. We want to hear from people who are committed to driving value for money, who have an eye for detail and who can lead a flexible and growing team. You will be working as part of the PwC Operate business which comprises over 2,000 people across the UK and alongside colleagues from our other lines of service including Consulting to support our Clients to purchase everything from IT to energy and from groceries to aircraft. Our Clients include everyone from household names to new startup businesses, government departments, industrial giants, technology leaders and global financial services firms so you can be sure of variety and plenty of opportunities for further development and career advancement. The team is growing fast and has a high profile as a key enabler to the overall growth strategy of PwC so you will also have visibility to the senior leadership of the firm.
PwC is focused on working in partnership with Clients to deliver sustainable business change. We work with our Clients to develop new ways of working which often involve transformation of supply chains supporting the business and new approaches to procurement along with changes to business processes. As part of these projects, we often need to procure new goods and services on behalf of our Clients, augment Client teams to enable transformation and also undertake procurement on behalf of our Clients. The procurement delivery team work across PwC’s Lines of Service to undertake this activity. We are also getting more requests from Clients to work with their existing procurement teams to help deal with high volumes of activity particularly as we come out of the Covid pandemic.
As a Manager in the team you will be expected to lead less experienced members both in terms of providing guidance on specific Client engagements and in support of their broader career development. In addition, you will be expected to contribute to strategic planning, recruitment and ongoing management against a defined set of KPIs.[display-posts orderby="rand"]
While much of the work you do will be from home or our Belfast office, you must be able and willing to undertake travel when required. Initially this is likely to be within the UK but, potentially, elsewhere depending on specific client requirements.
Skills and Experience
Previous procurement experience is essential but PwC will provide comprehensive training before you join our project teams where you will then have the opportunity to learn from some of the very best procurement and supply chain professionals. Equally as important as your procurement skills and experience is the approach you take and specifically we are looking for individuals with:
- Ability to build relationships – our work is all about working closely with our Clients to understand their challenges and help to solve them. You need to be able to build trust and confidence quickly and be comfortable about having difficult conversations e.g. about current Client performance.
- Analytical Mindset – much of our work is incredibly complex and involves large amounts of data. You need to be able to see the ‘big picture’ and form valid views based on the analysis you carry out.
- Act with Integrity – we work with highly confidential, commercial and other sensitive information. Our Clients need to know that whatever they share with us (data, conversations, business cases) is safe but, beyond this, we need you to always do what is ‘right’ for our Clients. PwC’s stated mission is ‘To build trust in society and solve important problems’ and you will be expected to always work in alignment with this.
- Team Player – you will always be part of a team both within Operate and on specific projects so you need to manage your contribution effectively delivering work on time, in budget and in step with what the rest of the team are doing at all times.
- Flexibility – The procurement team work as part of a broader set of supply chain and operations solutions and you will be expected to work flexibly across other skill sets (e.g. performance improvement, risk mitigation, strategic supplier management) and across multiple market sectors (Government and Health Industries, Private Sector and Financial Services)
- Innovation and Change – nearly all our work centres around change of some form so you need to be comfortable with responding to evolving situations and coming up with better ways of doing things. Although there will be procedures to follow, we are always looking at how to improve them so you will find every day will be different.
We are looking for Managers who can drive performance and growth and who have a real flair for developing and empowering staff while being able to deliver a portfolio of projects in their own right. This is an exciting journey for us as a team and a firm and these posts offer an opportunity to join at an early and formative stage of growth.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.