PwC has been positioned in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner’s February 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data and Analytics Services Providers, Worldwide.
Business analytics give organizations the ability to prepare and forecast future business interactions and outcomes. Data is an asset that organizations already own. PwC works with clients to analyse current data capabilities, develop a strong data foundation and then monetise that data. This process allows for the harnessing of the power of information to optimise business performance and commercialize data opportunities.
We are particularly focussed on:
- Helping clients do much more with the volume of data they have available through innovation around advanced analytics and other techniques such as AI and Machine learning.
- Providing clients with insight solutions that are tailored to solve specific business problems by applying our industry expertise combined with deep analytical skills
- Engaging with senior stakeholders across our clients’ businesses to deliver D&A solutions aligned to business strategy and outcomes
- Design and implement effective Data Analytics capabilities focussed on delivering business value
We do this by:
- Inspecting, cleansing, transforming, modelling and exploiting our clients’ data to support decision making, deliver business outcomes and adopt an insight to action management approach
- Implementing scalable technology enabled solutions to help client process and visualise key insights.
- Developing innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies, structured and unstructured information
- Implementing governance strategies to ensure the security, integrity, and availability of information
- Working with a range of global alliance partners from the largest (Microsoft, Oracle, Google, SAP) to SMEs specialising in specific technologies or industry verticals
A successful candidate must understand a client’s business and be able to dive deeply into their issues and requirements. Assignments will vary and will involve managing small teams/work streams, providing expert consultancy, mentoring and acting as a “trusted advisor” to clients. Relationships will run from business and IT specialists to senior management.
We will always be client driven by our working patterns, however we have operated our business and successfully delivered for clients during COVID-19 lockdown whilst our teams have worked from home. We fully expect client site and PwC working and travel will increase over the coming months and there will always be a need to engage directly with our clients as we look to build relationships, however it is also highly likely that increased flexibility related to working location will become the norm as businesses move into their new modes of operation.
About The Role
The role will involve providing key technical advice to clients within the Data & Analytics domain. It is essential that the candidate is capable of delivering high quality work for clients, demonstrate an understanding of both the client’s business and relevant professional standards. The candidate will be expected to develop and maintain respectful client relationships at a wide variety of levels.
Many of the tasks and assignments will involve working with teams that are drawn from a diverse cross section of the PwC Consulting practice including other team members from the Data & Analytics area. It is crucial that the candidate is able to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge, being intellectually agile and thinking creatively. The building of internal and external relationships and networks will be highly important as will the ability to consider the needs of others when designing a strategy and delivering a project or programme of work.
Essential Candidate Traits:
- Creative thinking and Intellectually agile
- Demonstrated senior level client stakeholder management (C suite)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technical abilities combined with business acumen
- Ability to stay current with business and industry trends
- Ability to adapt quickly to diverse environments/challenges
- Good understanding of Data & Analytics Architectures
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Data Analytics work stream/project management
- Implementation of D&A architectures and solutions including data warehouses, Big Data, MDM and DQM
- Awareness of business issues for D&A project delivery
- Lead and mentor junior team members (from both client and PwC)
- D&A Project/Programme leadership and management
- Definition of KPIs / metrics and insight requirements
- Can articulate business opportunities and business value during D&A projects
- Has experience of working with and presenting to C-suite
- Can develop propositions and take them to market
- Establishes new contacts and leverages existing networks
- Experience of design and implementation of Information Strategy, Information Architecture and Governance
- Experience of designing operating models for D&A
As a Data and Analytics practitioner you will have the opportunity to design, manage and lead a service offering and take it to market. You will be up-to-date with the latest industry trends with a good understanding on how to apply D&A techniques to solve your clients’ business problems.
You should have good delivery knowledge in at least one of the following vendors:
- Qlikview, Tableau or Power BI)
- SAP Business Analytics
- Analytics platforms (R, Python, SAS, SPSS)
- Alteryx / Lavastorm
- Data warehouse and Data management vendors
- Be able to prove and demonstrate expertise in at least one D&A vendor. Possibly certified.
- Have a broader understanding of the D&A market and be able to engage in conversations with the C-suite about market trends, lessons learnt, good practices and pros/cons of different vendors in the market.
- As a Senior D&A Practitioner, also be able to deliver Information strategy engagements and lead larger D&A implementation projects.
- AI, Machine and Deep Learning
- Unstructured/big data/Hadoop/NoSQL/MongoDB etc..
- Programming experience (SQL, VBA, VB.net) or similar
- Cloud Computing – Azure / GCP/AWS
- Enterprise Content Management
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.