About the role
Our Enterprise Risk Management practice is currently expanding and we’re seeking talented, high performing professionals to join our London team as a Senior Associate. If you would like to work with the senior management teams of some of the UK’s leading companies, have strong problem solving skills, intellectual agility and can build deep and productive relationships, our practice could be the right opportunity for you.
You’ll work across a diverse range of well-known clients and have the opportunity to build experience designing and implementing risk management frameworks to help Boards identify, assess and manage the most significant risks in their organisation.
We’re looking for motivated, passionate and enthusiastic individuals who will relish the opportunity to work in a growing team, with a portfolio of varied assignments and with significant possibilities to progress within the firm. You’ll have some experience in designing and/or implementing risk management frameworks and be passionate about the value that can be derived from effective risk management, ideally gained within a large consultancy or client organisation.
Individuals may apply who are:
- Enthusiastic and creative about developing themselves and others.
- Motivated to take ownership of project delivery and confident to work independently when required.
- Highly confident and resilient, comfortable asserting themselves with senior client stakeholders.
- Able to take a simultaneously methodical and innovative approach to problem-solving and delivery of client solutions, employing lateral thinking and making the connections others may not.
- In possession of strong interpersonal communication skills: confident presenting complex ideas using simple messaging and with the ability to build trust and rapport with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Curious about how current affairs and global mega-trends intersect with business and passionate about ethics, values and compliance.
- Technical risk management knowledge and practical experience (i.e. 2 years + experience)
- Commercial acumen and knowledge of how complex organisations operate.
- Strong analytical, logic and problem-solving skills.
- Good project management and organisational abilities.
- Focused and able to take initiative (required to maximise growth potential).
- Able to build strong relationships and work effectively in teams with clients and PwC colleagues.
- Able to work autonomously without the need for day-to-day direct oversight.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Strong report and presentation writing and delivery.
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques.
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple projects, managing your time effectively to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- A willingness to learn new skills and help develop and innovate new client propositions;
If you’re successful you’ll undertake client work which could include:
- Delivering client assignments
- Working as part of a team or independently depending on the size of the assignment
- Developing and managing client relationships
- Identifying and developing client opportunities
- Partial and full-time client secondments
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.