We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you – from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
Who we areExperienced, highly motivated professionals with strong analytic skills and organisational skills. The candidate will be client Our team provide outsourced payroll processing services for both domestic and expat clients on a monthly/weekly basis. Our current portfolio of clients is c700 payrolls processed by a team of 30 experienced and qualified payroll professionals.
Who are we looking for?
Experienced, highly motivated professionals with strong analytic skills and organisational skills. The candidate will be client facing and must have strong written and verbal communication skills. They will need to be driven and be passionate about providing a high level of service.
The role will involve helping to manage compensation and data flows for monthly and quarterly payrolls for International Modified Payroll & UK domestic payroll schemes; dealing with payroll related queries from clients, internal teams and third parties. This would also involve liaising with our outsourcing teams and ensuring all details are processed accurately. In addition to regular monthly and quarterly activities, this will be a largely client facing role – working with our Markets team to support clients with their compensation management and payroll requirements and consulting on “best practice” in this area
The ideal candidate will have a curious and innovative mindset who can help to grow and develop this fast expanding part of the business.
PwC pride ourselves on excellent customer service while ensuring the compensation data is managed effectively and the payroll is fully compliant, therefore attention to detail and right first time attitude is a must.
About the role[display-posts orderby="rand"]
Successful applicants will be responsible for their own payroll client portfolio and managing the day to day activities of their client’s payroll processes. Reporting into the payroll manager duties will include:
● Start to finish payroll preparation including calculations and review to ensure accuracy
● providing correct delivery of payroll output
● Submission of RTI to HMRC, EYU’s, Pension Uploads
● Understanding the taxability of pay components prior to set up for international assignees and domestic employees
● Ad-hoc payroll advice both internally and externally to clients and internal teams
● Transition and onboard new payroll clients and produce process documents
● Ensure the compliance of all payrolls are accurate and up to date
● Adhere to all agreed timeframes and cut off dates
● Communications with HMRC and third parties dealing with relevant payroll queries
● Yearend process management to meet tight deadlines
● supporting the management team to ensure all projects are undertaken and completed on time
● Analysing time spent on Chargeable codes and identifying process efficiencies and improvements
● Training and development of the team including payroll legislation updates, system changes and payroll efficiencies
● Be a key member of the team to ensuring all deadlines are met within the agreed SLA’s
● A Proactive approach, open to change and developing new ways of working
● Should be a Team player but also able to work on your own allocation
● Build and maintain relationships with client and key personnel
● Timely, efficient communication should be a priority
● Involvement in BD projects and proposals
● Ensure best practice is at the forefront and excellent client satisfaction is achieved
● Supporting the team in absences
● Providing support to peers and management
What is in it for you?
This is a fast paced, challenging environment which can provide you with a rewarding and stimulating career. You will work with well known, global clients and receive both technical and softer skills training to assist with your continual personal and professional development.
Where will you be based?
Home office will be either Birmingham or Belfast.
Minimum 3 years background experience in a payroll function
Experience of working in a client facing environment
● Excellent end to end payroll knowledge
● Preferably CIPP qualified
● Strong PowerPoint skills, excel and word skills
● Experience of working in a client facing environment
● Payroll knowledge
● s690 knowledge
● Appendix 5 knowledge
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Able to manage time and work under pressure to tight deadlines
● Able to manage the demands of numerous tasks
● Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
● Self-motivated and able to motivate others
● Diplomatic when faced with issues
● Attention to detail
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.