A career in Client Implementation and Execution, within Client Service Support services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients transform their customer service and engagements from cost centres into revenue generating businesses across all PwC lines of service. In joining, you’ll help clients develop and implement a customer service and engagement strategy that is aligned with their customer experience strategy, enhancing customer engagement while lowering costs, and optimising operations to ensure they are getting the most value possible.
About PwC’s Operate
PwC Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resource and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of business pillars including Financial Crime Operations, Compliance Operations, and Customer Management. We have almost 2,600 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in Cardiff, London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
About the role
We’re looking for experienced Business Analysts Managers in Cardiff & Belfast who will help us with the continued development and growth of our team and to deliver best in class projects across our business and to our clients. We are particularly keen to attract people with BA experience from multiple sectors such as Financial services, Technology, IT, Construction and Manufacturing.
As a Business Analyst manager your role will be to:
- Act as a key interface between the technical project team and user communities and
- Set up high performing Business Analysis teams. You and your teams will be responsible for articulating problems and processes in ways understood by all stakeholders – both business and technical. Our projects and programmes are predominantly within the financial services sector delivering transformation and change. Working on these projects will be a mix of client site and delivery from the PwC Centre of Excellence based in Belfast, our team members work with local, national and international clients for the duration of engagements.
The responsibilities of each role will vary depending on client needs but will include:
- Assessing the scope of services required, sizing and putting together a high performing delivery team to meet the requirements
- Managing the business analysis team effectively to ensure effective and efficient delivery to the highest quality standards
- Coaching junior members of the team and supporting recruitment and development of collateral and templates
- Meeting with stakeholders to understand and review business objectives and project requirements
- Analyse, cleanse and visualise data to identify trends and make decisions
- Documenting ‘As Is’ and ‘To be’ process and presenting back to stakeholders
- Considering business requirements against the current processes and assisting in the development and / or implementation of requirements utilising analysis techniques
- Facilitating workshops to achieve focused outcomes and joint understanding of user needs
- Formally documenting functions and processes using Microsoft Office tools (including Visio) and/or Google suite
- Supporting with gathering requirements for and production of Management Information and presenting this back to clients
- Support user acceptance testing (UAT) by creating test cases and acceptance criteria, and supporting issue/defect management
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to understand business challenges and articulate in a way that is easily consumable by stakeholders at all levels
- Understand the different perspectives of multiple stakeholders whilst being comfortable to challenge where appropriate
- Involved in process improvements, looking for areas of improvement and making recommendations for improvement to senior stakeholders
- Able to engage not just on the how, but also the why, demonstrating your experience designing and strategic planning.
- Demonstrate that you have business and commercial acumen and the ability to build an understanding of the business, to build and shape delivery plans.
Skills and Experience Required
We’re looking for candidates who have clear and demonstrable Business Analysis experience that can effectively and efficiently manage the definition, analysis, delivery and maintenance of business, project and system requirements.
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst within complex project environments
- Good technical understanding of Business Analysis frameworks, value cycles, business processes, business requirements and UAT methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Visio and/ or Google suite
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and ability to integrate well into a team and build effective relationships
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances, and recommend proposals to clients
- Proven analytical and sceptical mindset with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Any relevant professional qualifications such as BCS Business Analysis
- Previous experience of working within financial services or a regulatory environment
- Data management or modelling experience
- Data visualisation experience through PowerBI or Tableau for example
- Agile project delivery experience
You will be based in Cardiff or Belfast, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
What’s in it for you?
The role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high-profile clients. We’re also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience, and training to help you develop both personally and professionally. In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your
- Benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family’s) Needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.