PM Ujjwala Yojana: To provide LPG cylinders to the poor families, the Modi government had started the Ujjwala scheme. This scheme was very successful and crores of families took advantage. Inspired by this success, the government started Ujjwala Yojana 2.0. There is a chance for the poor families who have not yet been able to take advantage of the scheme. According to the information given by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, women belonging to poor category can apply under the scheme. The age of the woman should be above 18 years. At the time of application, BPL card, savings account with bank to avail subsidy, identity card (Aadhaar card or voter ID card) and passport size photograph should be there. It is also necessary that the woman’s family does not already have a LPG connection.
Ujjwal Yojana Registration Process
A woman from a low income (BPL) household who does not have LPG, will have to apply to the LPG distributor for a new connection (in the prescribed format).
While applying for the connection, the applicant has to provide information such as his/her address, Jan Dhan/Bank account number and Aadhar card number.
The LPG officers will check the information provided along with the SECC – 2011 database to confirm the BPL status of the household and enter the information in the portal provided by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs).
The de-duplication process and other appropriate action will be done electronically by the OMCs. After completing all the above steps the OMCs will provide the LPG connection. The connection fee is borne by the government.
Documents Required for Ujjwal Yojana Registration
bpl ration card
Authorized BPL Certificate (Signed by Panchayat Pradhan/Chairman of Municipality)
Aadhar card / Voter ID with photo
A recent passport size photograph
Benefits of Ujjwal Yojana: Cash assistance for PMUY connection is provided by Government of India – Rs.1600 for 14.2 kg cylinder / Rs.1150 for 5 kg cylinder. This cash assistance includes:
- Security deposit for cylinder – Rs 1250 for 14.2 kg cylinder, Rs 800 for 5 kg cylinder.
- Pressure Regulator – Rs 150
- LPG hose – Rs 100
- Domestic Gas Consumer Card – Rs.25
- Inspection / Installation / Demonstration Fee- Rs.75
- In addition, the facility of interest free loans to PMUY beneficiaries is also provided by Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs). This loan includes the charges for LPG stove (Rs 565 for 1 burner stove, Rs 990 for 2 burner stove) and refill cost of the first LPG cylinder received at the time of connection.