The prices of edible oil have increased very rapidly during the Corona period. After this, the government has tried to reduce the price of oils by reducing the custom duty and taking many other measures, but it has not made much difference. Meanwhile, the festive season is approaching and oil consumption will also increase. In such a situation, adulterated oil can come in the market. Because of this, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India has already been alerted. FSSAI has also given an easy way to identify counterfeit oil, with the help of which you can find out from home whether the mustard oil used in your house is genuine or adulterated.
To make the adulterated oil yellow, dangerous metanyl yellow is added to it, which is harmful to our health. Against such adulterants, FSSAI has launched a campaign on Twitter, named DetectingFoodAdulterants. Through this campaign, FSSAI is telling people how they can check adulterated food sitting at home.
Detecting prohibited colour like metanil yellow Adulteration in Oil#DetectingFoodAdulterants_5#AzadiKaAmritMahotsav@jagograhakjago @mygovindia @MIB_India @PIB_India @MoHFW_INDIA pic.twitter.com/hFYqIwLHJ7
– FSSAI (@fssaiindia) September 8, 2021
adulterated color is dangerous for health
In this video FSSAI has explained the easy way to find out the use of dangerous color like metanyl yellow in cooking oil. Let us know how you can check adulteration in home oil.
- First of all, take 1 ml oil in a small glass vessel.
- Add 4ml distilled water to it and stir.
- Now take 2ml oil from it in another test tube and add 2l concentrated HCL.
- Now if you do not see any color change in the top layer of oil then the oil is real.
- The color of the acid changes in the top layer of adulterated oil.