Mahasamund. On Monday morning, in the new Ravanabhatha ward-30 of the city, the grandmother and granddaughter, who lived near the Dussehra ground, died of electrocution. The granddaughter, who came running to save the grandmother, also came in contact with the current.
According to the information received, Priyanka alias Rita Bagh (19) lived with maternal grandmother Ukiya Bai (50). Ukiya used to work as a laborer in a warehouse.
After taking a bath at around 10 am on Monday, as soon as Ukiya put on a rope to dry wet clothes, a part of the cloth came in contact with a passing electric wire. Due to this she got caught in the current. During this it was also raining.
Priyanka, who came running after hearing Ukiya Bai’s scream, also came in contact with the current in an attempt to grab her grandmother and drag her. Due to this both died on the spot. Police reached the information and sent the bodies of both of them for post-mortem. After this incident, there has been mourning in the locality.
In an attempt to save the grandmother, the granddaughter also came in contact with the current.
Monday morning incident in new Ravanabhatha Ward-30 of Mahasamund
Youth dies after being hit by train in Lakhna
A young man died after being hit by a train on the upline railway track near the railway crossing located in Muribahali village under Lakhna police station area of Nuapada district of Odisha.
The incident is said to have happened late Sunday night. The deceased has been identified as Pustam Satnami (29), a resident of Kandetara. The Railway Police, who arrived after getting information about the incident, seized the dead body and started further action.