Singer Céline Dion announces this evening the cancellation of her tour in the United States which was to take place from next March until April 22: “I was really hoping to be ready to go back on stage now, but I see that I have to be more patient”, regretted the 53-year-old star on Twitter.
Celine Dion, who suffers from “severe and persistent muscle spasms” is unable to perform on stage and “takes longer than she expected,” her organization said in a statement. She had given the first 52 shows of the tour before the start of the pandemic in March 2020.
The shows for the European leg of the Courage tour remain scheduled. They are due to start on May 25 in Birmingham, UK. “I will be so happy when I get healthy again, the pandemic is behind us and I go on stage again,” said the diva.
The singer, whose shows had to be postponed due to the pandemic, had already canceled performances scheduled in Las Vegas between November 2021 and February 2022. She was to resume her tour on March 9 in Denver and perform in fifteen American cities. and Canadian until April 22.