Jay Leno says friend saved his life after car caught fire in his driveway

Jay Leno, 73, could have died in the fire in his garage in Burbank, Los Angeles, in the United States. The presenter suffered a serious injury to his face when one of his vehicles suddenly caught fire. According to the TMZ website, it was a friend of the artist who may have saved his life.

From the hospital where he is admitted, Jay told TMZ that he was working on his 1907 white steam car. [de 115 anos de idade] in his garage last Saturday, fixing a clogged fuel line. According to the comedian, there was a fuel leak and gasoline was sprayed on his face and hands. Almost simultaneously, a spark sparked an explosion, setting the comedian on fire. Jay quickly remembers that his friend Dave, who was with him, jumped on him, putting out the flames.

With the fire, the left side of Jay’s face was badly burned. His hands were also burned. He says he is now dealing with third-degree burns and may need skin grafts. As TMZ previously reported, the burns did not damage the comedian’s eyes or ears.

Jay, who was rushed by ambulance to a nearby burn center, says he expects to be hospitalized for 5 to 10 days. He canceled his various engagements for 2 weeks.

Leave a Comment