Friday, November 26th, 2021
Inferno while roasting turkey
Talk host Jimmy Kimmel leaves hair
The annual Thanksgiving celebrations are not the only tradition at Kimmel. The US presenter has also had a certain routine when it comes to flame inferno when preparing turkey. He shares a snapshot of the strange episodes with his followers.
A hot holiday for Jimmy Kimmel: the US presenter accidentally burned his hair while preparing his Thanksgiving turkey. The 54-year-old shared a selfie on Thursday. A scorched hairline is clearly visible under his cap. “Happy Thanksgiving everyone,” wrote Kimmel. “Try not to burn your hair and eyebrows while lighting the stove.”
Obviously, his family didn’t have to go without a Thanksgiving dinner. Shortly afterwards, Kimmel posted another picture of him holding a crispy turkey in front of the camera. Kimmel’s eldest daughter Katie simply commented on Instagram: “Again?” To which the presenter replied, “Yep. It’s a holiday tradition now.”
Not the first time
During an appearance on the “Ellen DeGeneres Show” last year, Kimmel had already reported on a similar mishap on the American Independence Day. At that time he triggered a “huge explosion” on his gas grill that scorched his beard, eyebrows and eyelashes. Another time he burned his entire tie while grilling.
Thanksgiving is one of the most important holidays in the United States. Many families come together for the traditional turkey meal on the long weekend. After a corona-related forced break last year, tens of thousands of people in New York again cheered giant helium balloons at the traditional Thanksgiving Parade.