Inspired by the life of Arelys Henao, “The Queen of Colombian Popular Music”, “I sing not to cry” is a Colombian biographical musical anthology telenovela produced by Caracol Televisión, which follows the artist as she pursues her dream of becoming a great singer.
The fictional musical and gender biography that attacks machismo and empowers women is produced by Manuel Peñaloza and directed by Liliana Bocanegra, Andrés Felipe López and Camilo Villamizar.
“Arelys Henao, I sing not to cry”, starring Mariana Gomez and José Ramón Barretwas broadcast on Caracol TV from January 11 to April 13, 2022, and will premiere on Netflix on November 23.
WHAT IS “I SING NOT TO CRY, ARELYS HENAO” ABOUT?
According to the official synopsis of “Arelys Henao, I sing not to cry”“Arelys, lives with her family in a rural area where violence does not let up, there a fatal event occurs when a woman tries to escape from a group of criminals who control and have plagued the region, they begin to shoot and without measuring the consequences they leave Ana, Arelys’s sister, seriously injured, who practically dies in the hands of her parents without reaching the health post; this event will mark the life of Arelys forever.
After this event, she understood that the only way to overcome the pain and raise her cry of protest against a society that seemed to become entrenched with women, was by singing. That is what she has dedicated her whole life with the support of two great loves: Samuel in her youth who is assassinated and Wilfredo, a man who gives his life for her and has supported her throughout the years.
Arelys is a woman who, despite living in the midst of difficulties, being displaced by violence and being persecuted by the guerrillas and the paramilitaries, raised her voice to give women their rightful place. However, the cost she had to pay was very high and her fate continued to claim the lives of her loved ones.”.
TRAILER OF “I SING NOT TO CRY, ARELYS HENAO”
ACTORS AND CHARACTERS OF “SONG TO NOT CRY, ARELYS HENAO”
- Mariana Gomez as Luz Arelys Henao Ruiz “Arelys Henao”
- José Ramón Barreto as Wilfredo de Jesús Hurtado Perea
- Anderson Ballesteros as Oscar Vargas “Patoco”
- Juan Sebastián Calero as Alonso Henao
- Ana María Pérez as María Ruiz de Henao
- Sebastián Giraldo as Fernando Enrique Henao Ruiz “Nando”
- Daniel Mira as Martin Henao Ruiz
- Henry Montealegre as Lázaro Henao Ruiz
- María José Correa as Alba Henao Ruiz
- Isabella Betancur as Nubia Henao Ruiz
- Yuri Vargas as Yazmin Solano
- Victoria Ortiz as Clara Ines Rios
- Simon Savi as Samuel
- Alejandra Duque as Gabriela Jaramillo
- Juan Millán as Matías
- Juanita Molina as Angela
- Tatiana Arango as Sofia
- Mauricio Mejia as Uriel Osorio
- Luis Eduardo Motoa as Tano Henao
- Jim Munoz as Fabian Viscaino
- Carmenza Cossio as Leda Perea
- Camila Taborda as Amanda
- Freddy Ordóñez as Benancio Urrego
- Jairo Ordóñez as Baltazar Urrego
- Juan Pablo Acosta as Don Jairo
- Marcela Vanegas as Professor Aurora Moreno
- Inés Prieto as Professor Gilma
- Alejandro Gutiérrez as Judge Alfonso Jaramillo
- Nikolás Rincón as Ciro
- Juan Carlos Messier as Nicolás Rubiano
- Jimena Durán as Marcela Quintero de Rubiano
- Juan Sebastián Velandia as Lieutenant Corporal
- Allison Castrillon as Margarita
- Jeka Garcés as Violeta
- Oscar Salazar as Walter
- Ivonne Gomez as Shirley Constanza
- Milton Lopez as Ronald
- Jagdy Lopez as Duvis
- Marcela Agudelo as Luisa
- Luis Carlos Fuquen as Don Kiko
- Carlos Quintero as Carlos Merlano “The Magician”
- Daniela Salazar as María Fernanda Peñaloza
- Fernando Lara as Shepherd
- Juan Carlos Arango as Ariulfo (Mayor of Liborina)
- Mauricio Cujar as Gonzalo
- Luis Alberto Rojas
- Felipe Bernedette as Jerome
- Juan David Galindo as Milton
- Michelle Gutty as Dawn Light
- Luz Estrada as Clemencia Páramo
- Gerardo Calero as Henry Quintero
- Alberto Saavedra as Don Argemiro
- Alejandro Estrada as Mario
HOW MANY CHAPTERS DOES “CANTO PARA NO LLOLLAR, ARELYS HENAO” HAVE?
“Arelys Henao, I sing not to cry”, a telenovela inspired by the life of “The Queen of Colombian Popular Music”, has 62 episodes.
HOW TO SEE “I SING NOT TO CRY, ARELYS HENAO”?
“Arelys Henao, I cant stop crying” aired on Caracol TV from January 11 to April 13, 2022. After the end of the Colombian musical bionovela, all episodes are available on Caracol Play.
“I sing not to cry, Arelys Henao” will premiere on Netflix on November 23, 2022Therefore, to watch the soap opera, you only need a subscription to the popular streaming platform.