There is very little left for Christmas and many people in the world are already excited about the purchases they are going to make, because those iconic lights, the tree with balls, the children’s gift, etc. are never lacking. However, the COVID-19 pandemic is still ongoing and mandatory social distancing has to be maintained, so Google Maps launches a new function that will notify you if a certain place or neighborhood is busy. Do you want to know how to identify agglomeration on the map? Here we will explain it.
Although currently Google Maps It gives you an idea of how busy a site can be with the ‘Peak Hours’, now, the application server for maps will not only warn you if there is movement on the roads or routes, but in a certain place such as: a street, neighborhood, shopping center, market, etc., reported the technological medium Engadget Android.
SIGHT: Google Maps and Waze: know the main differences in terms of route function
HOW TO KNOW IF A PLACE IS CALLED
- First, make sure that the application does not have any pending updates in the Google Play Store.
- Then open the map and scroll to where you want to go.
- If you see the icon of a yellow circle and the image of a statistics inside, it means that the place is very crowded.
- In addition, on the right side of the icon you will see the word ‘Busy area’ (Occupied area in Spanish).
- Press and hold on this place until the red pin appears.
- An informational window of the site will open, scroll the space bar down and go to the ‘Popular times’ section.
- Here Google Maps It will show you a red statistic icon with the following warning: ‘As busy’.
Ready, you know how to avoid crowding and the risk of contagion by COVID-19. When you are located in the Popular times section and it is in a color other than red, it means that there is not much public present on that site, so it would be a good idea for you to go shopping for the upcoming Christmas and New Year holidays.
Do you have problems with Google Maps? If the app crashes on your phone or tablet, or has another problem that affects your experience, follow this series of steps by clicking hereto access Google help support.