WhatsApp is an application that is used worldwide, since to date it has more than 5 billion active users according to the Google Play download record, a figure that cannot even be surpassed if the population of China and India together. This time we are going to teach you a trick to know in which country all your contacts are located, you will not discover it by talking to them or by the type of telephone number they have, but in another simpler way.
SIGHT: How to put the sound “Tukutin” from MSN Messenger to your WhatsApp messages[display-posts orderby="comment_count"]
When people migrate to another country, they usually change their phone number. Why do they do it? Because this is the only way that they can communicate by voice call in that jurisdiction, and it makes sense, since the signal from a telephone company that you acquired in your home country would not be able to reach that far.
SIGHT: How to activate the “invisible mode” in WhatsApp 2021
If you want to know in which country your friends or family are located, you will need to enter a computer or laptop and open WhatsApp Web. Surely you are wondering how the aforementioned platform can do this? Believe it or not, there are Google Chrome extensions that make WhatsApp Web more complete than its official (mobile) version.
HOW TO KNOW IN WHICH COUNTRY A CONTACT IS LOCATED
- After installing the extension, click on the puzzle icon (Extensions) located in the upper right corner of Chrome, next to the Gmail profile photo.
- All your Chrome extensions will open, but look for ‘WA Web Plus for WhatsApp’ and press the three vertical dots on the right side.
- Some options will be displayed, here tap on ‘Set’.
- If you notice now in the upper right corner a green cross icon will appear, enclosed in a circle, this is the ‘WA Web Plus’ extension.
- Once you have the extension shortcut (fix), enter as normal to WhatsApp Web.
- Then press the ‘WA Web Plus’ icon.
- WhatsApp Web will open along with a long list of options, check only the one that says ‘Enable the contact information icon’.
- Finally, enter any chat, as you can see in the upper right part you will see the icon of an i enclosed in a circle (Information).
- Point the cursor or mouse to the icon and you will know in which country the contact is located, the continent, the local currency, language and population of the nation.
Do you have a problem with WhatsApp? Do you need to report it? If you have any kind of problem, then you should write to their contact email: [email protected] or [email protected] You can also make the same request from your iPhone through the exclusive service for iOS.