But a question often keeps running in people’s mind that after how long can boiled eggs be consumed. Along with this, there is also a matter in people’s mind that how can boiled eggs be kept safe for a long time. Today, through this article of ours, we will also remove many misconceptions related to boiled eggs and will also answer the questions related to it.
First of all know about the benefits of eggs
Not one or two, but many nutrients, vitamins and minerals are found inside the egg. Eggs contain properties such as protein, vitamin A, B-6, B-12, protein, amino acids, selenium and unsaturated fatty acids. They play an important role in the overall health and physical development of a person. Eggs can be consumed, omelets, half-fry, and even boiled.
According to WHO, intake of selenium is a boon for men, know in which food items this mineral is found
Boiled eggs are safe in this way
If the eggs are not being consumed for a long time after boiling, then it is important that you do not remove its peel. Because by doing this the inner layer of the egg will open and they can also come in contact with dangerous bacteria along with the air.
- When you have boiled the eggs, immediately put them in cold water and let them cool.
- When it cools down, wipe them with a dry cloth.
- Now you can keep them inside the fridge to be safe. If you put them in the fridge too soon, then they avoid coming in contact with bad bacteria. In fact, when boiled eggs are kept at a temperature below 4 degrees, the bacteria in it grow at a slower rate. (1)(2)
- Allow boiled eggs to remain at room temperature for at most two hours only. After that keep them in the fridge.
- You can keep the eggs in an air tight container. Also, do not keep them in the door and keep them in the inner shelf. This will keep their temperature the same. Whereas by keeping them on the doors of the fridge, their temperature can change from time to time.
- Keeping boiled eggs in the fridge can give you a bad smell, which is coming from hydrogen sulfide. This gas is also produced when eggs are boiled. But it is not harmful in any way. (3)
- Be careful not to put them in the refrigerator. Doing so will make it tougher and may taste a bit odd.
Should you keep boiled eggs peeled?
If you are not going to consume boiled eggs immediately, then you should not peel it. When you want to eat an egg, take off its skin and eat it immediately. This will prevent it from coming in contact with bacteria. If the egg breaks while boiling, eat it immediately. Don’t forget to keep it in the fridge.
Boiled egg should be eaten within how many days
It happens many times that after keeping the egg in the fridge, due to some things, there is a suspicion of its spoilage. But let us tell you that the United States Department of Agriculture says that when the egg has been stored properly, it remains edible for 7 days.(4)
Eat eggs at the right time, you will lose weight fast
How to know if an egg is spoiled
If you feel that the egg has gone bad, then you can see whether the egg shell has become sticky, or its color has become chocolatey. If so, the egg is not edible. Keep in mind that if the egg is spoiled then do not consume it. By doing this, you may have problems like diarrhea, vomiting and nervousness.
Duck eggs are more beneficial than chicken eggs, eating one every day keeps the body and brain completely fit
Apart from this, if you are not able to guess even from this, then try tearing the egg. By its smell you will know whether it is bad or not. Many people consider the green color of the egg yolk to be bad. But this happens if the egg has been overcooked. It can worsen the taste of the mouth when eating. But it is safe to eat.