The In-House Services and Estates (IHSE) team are custodians of the parliamentary estate. The team includes the fire team, catering services, maintenance, accommodation, design standards and office moves. The team runs many interesting programmes and projects maintaining, repairing, and upgrading the existing buildings across the parliamentary estate, including the Grade 1 listed Palace of Westminster.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Apprentice be part of the IHSE Health & Safety team and support the development of IHSE safety arrangements. This is a unique opportunity to complete a Health and Safety apprenticeship applying the technical skills learned in a practical environment supported by several experienced Health and Safety professionals.
As part of this role, you’ll undertake a Safety, Health and Environment Technician Apprenticeship at Level 3. This is the academic equivalent of two ‘A’ Levels.
We will enrol you onto the apprenticeship shortly after you join, and it will typically take 24 months to complete. You will complete training for 20% of your time, including from an apprenticeship training provider. More information on the apprenticeship can be found here:
Safety, health and environment technician / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
Skills and Experience
The following qualifications are essential for this role:
- GCSE (or equivalent) at A*-C/4-9 in English
- GCSE (or equivalent) at A*-C/4-9 in Mathematics
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Ability to manage and present information confidentially and discreetly. Attention to detail, able to communicate very well and have a flexible approach to balancing work.
- Effective team working skills, with an ability to share best practice and demonstrating flexibility when working as a collective unit.
- IT skills: Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Outlook. Has the capability to learn new IT skills, including internal systems.
Why Join?[display-posts orderby="rand"]
In addition to your salary and completing the apprenticeship, we offer an attractive range of benefits including:
- 30 days’ annual leave (increasing to 35 days after first full leave year).
- Civil Service Pension scheme.
- Access to training and development
- Flexible working.
- Interest free season ticket loan and bicycle loan.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the criteria in the Job Description.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the Job Description.