Without any stain. Recycling gains strength over time and there is a greater responsibility of all to care for the environment. One of the most common actions in many homes is to reuse glass bottles, either to store water, juices or turn them into decorative accessories; however, there are times when the bottom is not cleaned in the best way. It is here where the homemade tricks They are the great saviors so that this small area is always kept in optimal conditions.
MORE INFORMATION | Homemade tricks to polish your wooden floors
It is important to know that if the bottle you reuse or use daily to bring hot drinks to work or the water you consume during the day is not very clean, you could expose yourself to germs and bacteria. Follow these recommendations to do it regularly and in record time.
How to clean a bottle inside
If using a sponge seems like a complicated task to clean the bottle inside, pay attention to these homemade tricks fast and effective.
1. Rice and detergent
- You will need some uncooked rice, a funnel, and liquid detergent.
- Fill the bottle with the handful of rice or do it using the funnel to make it easier.
- Then fill the rest of the bottle with warm water and a splash of liquid detergent.
- Cap the bottle and shake vigorously.
- The rice will act as a scrub for the interior walls, while the soapy water will clean the interior, according to explain from ‘The Furniture’.
- Finally, rinse and clean the inside of the bottle as many times as necessary, until there are no grains of rice or traces of detergent left.
2. White vinegar
- This will allow the bottle to not only be clean, but free of germs.
- Wash the bottle with soap and water and then fill it with hot water and a couple of tablespoons of vinegar.
- Let sit overnight to kill most bacteria.
- The next morning rinse well and let it dry.
3. Baking soda
- Put two to three tablespoons of baking soda in the bottle and fill with hot water.
- Cover, shake well to mix the ingredients and let stand for a few hours.
- Rinse with hot water.
Why is it important to wash your reusable bottle?
Scientist Andrew Singer pointed to the HuffPost United Kingdom that in these bottles a combination of “oral” and “environmental” bacteria, such as viruses, are usually generated, which remain in the bottle if it is not cleaned regularly. In addition, there is also the possibility of the accumulation of E.coli bacteria. This is often due to poor personal hygiene, such as not washing your hands after going to the bathroom and even bringing the bottle into this home environment.
For this reason, it is essential to clean the bottle daily, just as it is done with cutlery, crockery or cups.
How to sharpen kitchen knives without utensils
1. Sharpen with another knife
It is one of the best known methods. you should only slide the knife blade over another, and repeat the operation several times on both sides. It is very easy and will only take a few seconds.
2. Also with a cup
East hack also brings good results. Turn the cup upside down, then slide the knife along the edge repeatedly. But remember that the angle of the knife blade relative to the base of the cup should be between 20-30 degrees. You can watch the video below to better understand the trick.
3. With a glass bottle
Get an empty glass bottle (you can use a wine or beer bottle) and make cuts with the knife in the mouth of the bottle. You will see how the glass immediately helps to recover the sharpness of your knives. Repeat the operation until you get the edge of the knife. Always be very careful when using these methods. Now, you can cut everything you want without any problem.
How to remove scale from the kettle?
- In the kettle jug, mix two tablespoons of baking soda, half a cup of white vinegar and two cups of water.
- Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- This cleaning should be done cold, so make sure the kettle is not plugged in.
- The last step is to throw away the mixture after the time has passed and rinse the jar with plenty of cold water.