Communications Officer for Public Health – London Borough Council – Upto £400 day rate
Communications Officer for Public Health
London Borough Council
Upto £400 day rate
ASAP start – 3 month contract
Your new company
East London Borough Council
Your new role
To support the Public Health Communications Team to inform, engage and motivate the authority’s workforce to deliver on health priorities. You will work closely with health partners to help engage residents about health topics including Covid-19, mental health and substance misuse through communications.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
- Work jointly with the communications team and Public Health to support the communication of the council’s agenda and to identify new ways of communicating with and engaging with residents and staff.
- Support the delivery of the communications strategy based on insight and data and with clear measurable outcomes.
- Support the delivery of publications (printed and digital) and promotional materials in support of communications and engagement activities generally.
- Work closely with other communications staff and the Digital team to make full use of best practice and in developing and implementing new communications and engagement techniques/channels.
- Ensure communications with residents around health topics are of the highest standards and evidenced through evaluation.
- Build good relationships with officers across the council
Key areas of experience:
- Campaigns management, development and delivery
- Communications, resident engagement and associated communications
- Supporting high-profile campaigns that have support the delivery of key strategic objectives
- Evaluating and reviewing internal communications
- Using insight to inform campaigns development
- Crisis management
- Providing direct advice and briefing to senior managers and/or elected members on internal communications.
What you’ll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.