Commissioning Manager Leading London Government body
- 3-month initial contract
- £300 + per day inside IR 35
- Remote Working
Your new company
A prominent Central London Government body which is a unique and diverse organisation, with a role that goes beyond that of an ordinary local authority.
The organisation is dedicated to creating a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally successful UK. They aim to:
- Contribute to a flourishing society
- Support a thriving economy
- Shape outstanding environments
Your new role
As Commissioning Manager, your responsibility will be to commission and procure services within Community and Children’s Services that meet the health and wellbeing needs of residents and workers in the City of London. To quality assure all externally provided services to ensure they deliver improved health and wellbeing outcomes and provide improved value for money
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience planning and leading the commissioning and procurement of a range of services to meet needs and priorities.
- The ability to be fully autonomous in your work .
- Have worked with stakeholders both internal and external to shape and design services in line with the Commissioning Strategy and other plans including commissioning and de-commissioning of services.
- Have experience as a Lead Commissioner for specific themes / service areas.
- Be dynamic and able to apply your skills to multiple projects/programmes
- Experience overseeing the development, tendering letting and monitoring of large value/higher risk service contracts & develop and agree service specifications, standards quality indicators and targets with internal and external service providers.
- Experience managing a contracts database would be helpful.
- Outstanding communication and ability to engage with high level stakeholders at board and committee meetings.
- Produce and present reports
What you’ll get in return
The opportunity to work in a passionate and positive team within a high profile Central London Government body.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.