Your new company
You will be based in a children’s residential home in Middleton, which specialises in providing the best possible care for young people with complex emotional and behavioural difficulties. The service is committed to making a difference to the lives of young people with the aim of creating more positive futures. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and exciting organisation.
Your new role
As a Residential Support Worker, you will be required to provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment and establish positive relationships with the children and young people. Key responsibilities include:
- Assessing the needs of the children followed by coordinating plans to ensure all needs are met
- Encouraging, motivating and caring for young people, as well as maintaining boundaries and identifying any concerns young people face in today’s society
- You will also undertake a range of domestic duties
What you’ll need to succeed
It essential you have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting children and young people within a residential setting or a similar role. A Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent qualification is highly desirable. Furthermore, you will be an enthusiastic, committed and resilient individual who wants to make a difference by working as part of a team to support children and young people to achieve positive outcomes.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary including sleep ins
- You will be working within a strong staff support network with a community atmosphere
- Comprehensive induction program and regular in-house training
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.