Teaching Assistant required for a Wirral Primary School
Your new company
We are looking for experienced Learning Support Assistants to support a pupil on a 1-1 basis who is needing academic support. The pupil is in year 2. we are ideally looking for experienced and qualified individuals however we will accept
Your new role
You will be responsible for the one-to-one and small group support of pupils in year 9-11. You will be expected to assist with the academic and pastoral support of pupils, ensuring they can access the curriculum as well as being able to learn in a happy and safe environment. The role will be a longer term and potentially until the end of the academic year. You may be asked to hold intervention sessions on a 1-1 and small group basis with other pupils also.
What you’ll need to succeed
- You should have a minimum of 30 days experience working with children within the last 2 years.
- You should have some relevant experience of working alongside people with a diagnosis of SEN.
- Behavioural management experience is preferred
- You will need to have a clear DBS (if you don’t currently hold one on the Update Service, we can process this for you).
- Core subject knowledge preferred but not necessary
- Teaching Assistant qualification preferred
What you’ll get in return
You will get the support of a designated consultant within Hays who will assist you throughout your employment. As well as competitive rates of pay and holiday pay. You will receive online safeguarding training before you commence your employment, and get access to job roles within partnership schools that we work alongside. There are so many opportunities with Hays. Holiday pay accrual is also available to all our workers.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career and other opportunities we may have for you.