Personal Assistant, Guardian Jobs
Guardian Media Group (GMG) is a leading global media organisation, the publisher of the Guardian, which celebrates its 200th anniversary in 2021, the Observer and the Guardian.com, which attracts over 200 million global unique browsers each month. We are renowned for our ground-breaking independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.
We are now looking for a Personal Assistant to Managing Director, Guardian Jobs to support the MD and SLT and ensure they are well equipped to achieve their department goals.
About The Role
- Diary management including the scheduling of appointments, meetings, travel, events etc
- Inbox management and acting as key point of contact, ensuring enquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- Arranging new starter inductions from equipment setup to sales induction schedule
- Organise all internal and external client meetings, take meeting minutes and ensure actions are followed through and deadlines are met
- Department point of contact for ad hoc requests and office space facilitation
- Managing tasks such as compiling meeting packs, formatting and creating high quality PowerPoint presentations, managing expenses, raising POs
- Build, maintain and liaise confidently with key senior staff and the GNM PA network
- Dedicated PA experience within a large organisation
- Complex diary management experience, with sound experience of arranging travel
- Intermediate level or above MS office experience with strong numerical skills
- Able to manage confidential information
You can see the full job description here.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines why you’d love to take on this role, and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 26th November.
About Us[display-posts orderby="rand"]
The Guardian offers a competitive benefits package including a generous pension, healthcare, dental insurance options, cycle to work scheme and 2 paid volunteering days per year.
We have a strong commitment to your learning, development and wellbeing, with hundreds of different courses available – ranging from bite-sized e-learning courses, to on-site workshops and professional certifications.
It’s the talent, energy and commitment our people bring to our business that make us who we are. Across our business we have some of the brightest and best people in media and beyond: award winning journalists, cutting edge commercial teams, industry leading digital talent and much, much more.
We are a vibrant and diverse community with many events groups and forums to get involved in. Our Kings Place offices overlook Regents Canal, with the newly-developed Coal Drops Yard, Granary Square and St Pancras Square shops, restaurants and pop-ups.
We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people at the Guardian. We aspire to have inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.