Fire in a reception center in Jumet: three people were poisoned

At the time of the fire, about twenty people were in the building: the Marcinelle firefighters intervened and were able to control the disaster.

F.Vanhove

The residents had been able to get out almost all, but the men of the fire had to proceed to the rescue of at least one person, stuck on the second floor.

Finally, three tenants were victims of poisoning. Measures had to be taken to relocate night residents.

F.Vanhove

The Island, housed in this former mansion, is what is called a night shelter. Here, we have been welcoming, housing and supporting people who find themselves homeless for several decades.

F.Vanhove

This reception center has a capacity of 24 residents, intended for an exclusively male audience.

Leave a Comment