The Career Portal owns The Medic Portal and The Lawyer Portal: the leading online resources for aspiring doctors and lawyers respectively, with millions of users, 500+ school partnerships and a growing global footprint.
We are looking for a driven, target orientated individual with strong organizational and people skills to drive our sales output across the Group. You will be in charge of selling into our stable of hundreds of school clients globally, alongside the individual customers who buy our services and corporate sponsors such as Universities.
The role could suit an ambitious and capable new graduate or someone who already has some customer facing sales experience.
The role has clear progression into a Senior Sales Role and you can benefit from the wonderful learning and development opportunities on offer from Dukes Education. You will report directly into one of the co-founders of the business.
The role is generally Monday-Friday, 9-5, split between working from home and at our Central London office.
You will be an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who has an interest in education and selling. You can be a high achieving graduate or with 1-2 years of prior experience in sales roles.
Main Tasks[display-posts orderby="rand"]
- School relationship building: We work with hundreds of schools both in the UK and globally, delivering courses for their students. A key part of this role is reaching out to current and new schools to arrange support for their aspiring medics and lawyers, and keeping our current teacher database up to date with our products and services.
- Brokering tutoring sales: Coordinating meetings with clients (often parents) to see how we can support their children with their Medical School/Law School applications. Then putting together bespoke tutoring packages to sell to them. Being on the front line of incoming prospective sales calls to ensure our customers are best matched to our opportunities.
- Sponsorship: Putting together proposals for campaigns with our sponsors that will ensure they receive excellent results and engagement. Identifying and reaching out to new potential sponsors.
- Working with educational agents: Building relationships with educational agents around the world who can put us in contact with families looking for the support we provide.
- Customer support: On occasion assisting with answering the company phone and dealing with relevant enquiries.
- Conference organisation: Contacting speakers for our annual teacher conference to put together an exciting and informative day for our partner teachers.
- Strong Sales Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt communication skills to different audiences
- Work well under pressure and manage time effectively
- Team player
- Confident in relationship building and working with a range of stakeholders
Nice But Not Required
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Sheets and Documents
- Previous experience with sales
- Passion for education
Start Date: ASAP