Disappearance of Delphine Jubillar: the defense of her husband releases a new card to request his release

[display-posts orderby="comment_count"]

This possibility goes against the thesis of the investigators, who believe that the husband killed Delphine Jubillar during an argument, in their house in Cagnac-les-Mines, after having read an SMS from his wife’s lover. , on his phone.

“There are objective elements in the file which allow us to consider that it is more than likely that she changed to get out” of the house, said Emmanuelle Franck, one of Cédric Jubillar’s lawyers after his plea before the investigative chamber of the Toulouse Court of Appeal.

For this new request for release, the hearing took place in the absence of this 34-year-old painter-plasterer, and behind closed doors, at the request of the public prosecutor’s office, against the advice of the defense lawyers. .

[display-posts orderby="rand"]

Closed hearing

“This hearing was organized behind closed doors, which surprises us and seems contrary to all principles”, denounced Alexandre Martin, another lawyer for Cédric Jubillar.

The same was true of the previous release request, which was rejected in November, while a first request met the same fate in September.

For justice, corroborating clues allow us to conclude that the husband was involved in the disappearance of the nurse from Cagnac-les-Mines, near Albi, on December 15, 2020.

“The elements of the accusation have never been convincing and this since the first day”, insisted Jean-Baptiste Alary, also counsel for Cédric Jubillar after a hearing which lasted nearly five hours.

Deliberated Friday

This request for release comes after a second hearing of several hours carried out on December 3, and after the placement in police custody for “concealing a corpse”, in December, of the new companion of Cédric Jubillar, who had been released without be indicted.

The general prosecutor’s office requested that he be kept in detention.

“Even if a person disputes the facts, a court may find that there is, in the file, enough elements to decide on continued detention,” Toulouse prosecutor Samuel Vuelta Simon told AFP.

The decision of the investigating chamber was put under advisement on January 14.

According to his lawyers, Cédric Jubillar will be heard again in early February concerning the accusations made by one of his cell neighbors, relayed in the press, to whom Delphine’s husband allegedly said he killed his wife and buried her body, in indicating a specific location.

Manipulation

“It is a non-information, a manipulation, an organized staging, as if by chance, on the anniversary date of the disappearance of Delphine”, pointed out Me Martin, irritated.

For Me Alary, if the lead was credible, it would have already led to the resolution of the investigation: “If it is serious, why we did not find the body? He said.

Laurent Boguet, the lawyer for the children of the Jubillar couple, civil party, considered after the hearing that it was necessary “to leave room for investigative acts carried out by the justice system.” The requests made by Cédric Jubillar appear premature ”.

Since his indictment for intentional homicide on June 18, Cédric Jubillar has been held in solitary confinement at the Seysses remand center, near Toulouse.

Leave a Comment