Digital Health ID Card: On September 27, PM Narendra Modi launched Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) through video conferencing. The main objective behind the rollout of this program is to connect the digital health infrastructure of India and bridge the gap between the various stakeholders and multiple systems of the healthcare ecosystem of the country. There are four major components of the mission and Digital Health ID Card is one of them. Under this mission, citizens are assigned a digital health id and after the creation of an id, their health details are recorded and protected digitally.
The digital health id system under the mission has been successfully piloted in all the Union Territories (i.e., Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Lakshadweep, Puducherry, Ladakh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, and Daman & Diu) for one year. After the completion of the pilot mission, the central government finally rolled out the mission in October 2021.
Digital Health ID Card
In order to avail of services of and over the ABDM network, you must have your digital health id. With this Id, you can avail of various digital healthcare facilities available under this initiative. Digital Health Id is basically a 14-digit unique identification code generated randomly that is used for identifying individuals across the multiple systems of the ABDM. After the id is generated, the individual is easily identified, authenticated and can share their health records with their consent across the various hospitals and stakeholders in the ABDM ecosystem.
The allocation of health IDs to stakeholders under the mission facilitates standardization of the identification process across the healthcare service providers. The government has launched an online portal for this mission where citizens can register themselves and get their Digital Health Ids issued. The procedure for creating a health Id has been started and interested citizens can apply through the official portal. For the issue of Unique Health ID (UHID), one has to provide certain details such as contact details, location and demographic details, relationship/family details, etc.
An Overview of Digital Health ID Card
|Title||Digital Health ID Card|
|Name of the mission||Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)|
|Concerned Ministry||Ministry of|
|Launch date||27th September 2021|
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Mode of id creation||Online|
|Registration Type||Self-Registration through portal|
|Official website||abdm.gov.in healthid.ndhm.gov.in|
Benefits and Features of Digital Health ID Card
- Digital Health Id is a 14 numbers unique id issued to citizens under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- To avail of the services under ABDM, one must have this Digital health Id. Without they cannot share their health records and other information to the concerned stakeholders.
- This digital id facilitates people to get their health records digitally in a secure and easy manner.
- With this id, people can participate in ABDM and avail of various medical services online such as searching for medical specialists, and doctors, identifying hospitals, labs, medical stores, digital consultation, receiving digital prescriptions & reports, digital diagnosis etc.
- Health records are safe and digitally secured and no individual’s health data is stored under the ABDM network. The sharing of health data over this network is done through an encryption network.
- Provides users an easy sign-up and login-in access on the portal.
- Provides you a voluntary opt-out facility where you can deactivate your id and records anytime.
- Users can also add a nominee to their health id.
- Health Id can be created right from the birth of the child.
Prerequisite for ABDM Digital Health ID
In order to apply for the issue UHID, applicants have to keep the following details ready with them to be filled in the registration form-
- For application through Mobile No.- Name, Gender, Date of birth, Mobile No., and Address
- For application through Aadhaar- Name, Gender, Address, Date of birth, Aadhaar No., and mobile
How to create Digital Health Id?
Creating a Digital Health id under ABDM is not rocket science. It is a simple process that hardly takes 10 minutes. The government has launched a separate portal for this mission and by visiting this portal, one can create his/her digital id.
If you are also interested in getting your digital health id then you need to follow the simple step-by-step guide given as under-
- Go to the official website i.e. healthid.ndhm.gov.in.
- Click on the “Generate ID” link.
- Click on Generate Via Aadhaar ID. In case you do not have aadhaar Click on the link respective link.
- Enter your Aadhaar No. Mark the declaration and click on submit button.
- Now, enter the OTP in the respective box and submit.
- After Aadhaar authentication, enter your mobile number and fill the OTP.
- Fill all the mandatory details in the forms and click on Submit.
- Finally, digital health id will be created and will display on the screen.
- Click on “Download Health ID Card” button and save the id.
How to Generate/ Login Health ID?
After creating a Digital health id card, you can log in to the portal anytime to download your id and check your records. Follow the given instructions-
- Login in to the health id portal.
- Click on Login link.
- Enter your Health Id or PHR Address and year of birth. Click on button button.
- Your health id details will open.
Deletion/ Deactivation of Digital Health Id
Under this scheme, users can voluntarily opt-in and can even voluntarily opt-out. It means if do not want to be a part of the mission they can deactivate their digital health id anytime and their health data will be erased. They can delete their health id permanently or temporarily as per their requirement.
If they deactivate their id it means, they can reactivate their user-id later. In case of deactivation, the user does not get any access to their data and ABDM application through the duration.
If they delete their id it means, all their records and id will be deleted permanently. They can retrieve this deleted data in the future.
Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2021
For any kind of assistance related to the Digital Health Id card contact at-
Email- [email protected]
Phone No.- 1800-11-4477/ 14477