CTET Exam 2021/22 : Concept of Child Centered and Progressive Education 15 Questions The Central Teacher Eligibility Test has started from 16 December and will run till 13 January 2022. Now, however, the final stage of the examination is going on. CBSE has conducted several shifts of Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) so far and questions have been asked based on ‘Concept of Child Centered and Progressive Education’ under Child Development and Education (CDP).
So in this article today we are bringing to you some possible questions based on the concept of child centric and progressive education which can be asked in the upcoming CTET exam shifts. In such a situation, if you are also going to appear in the CTET exam, then definitely read these questions given below.
CTET Exam 2021/22 : Concept of Child Centered and Progressive Education 15 Questions
Q: Kritika who does not talk much at home, while she does more in school, shows this?
- School provides such an opportunity to the children to talk more.
- Teachers demand that students talk more about school.
- She does not like her home on any level.
- His ideas are respected in the school.
Answer : 4
Question: According to the National Curriculum Framework, 2005, the main objective of teaching mathematics is
- To give knowledge of arithmetic to children.
- To inculcate interest in mathematics in children.
- To develop logical thinking and problem solving abilities in children.
- Emotional development of children.
Answer : 3
Question: It is better to give education in the mother tongue at the basic level, because it
- Develops confidence in children
- will make learning easier
- will aid in intellectual development
- Will help children learn in natural environment
Answer : 4
Question: Which of the following is good in the teaching process?
What should be taken care of?
- active participation of students
- Discipline and regular attendance
- perseverance in checking homework
- Difficulty Level of the Theme
Question: In a learner centered classroom, a teacher will
- Encouraging children to compete for marks with each other to facilitate learning
- Using lecture method to explain key facts and subsequently assess learners for their reflexes
- Demonstrating what she expects of her students and then giving directions to the children to do the same
- employing methods in which learners are encouraged to take the initiative for their own learning
Answer : 4
Question: It is important to be an effective teacher
- Emphasis on writing book answers
- focus on individual learning rather than group activity
- Ignoring the disruption caused by students asking questions
- keeping in touch with each child
Answer : 4
Question: Which of the following part is not included in the Fundamental Principles of National Curriculum Framework 2005 (NCF-2005)?
- conduct good external examinations
- not giving importance to rote
- gaining knowledge beyond books
- linking knowledge to real life
Question: What is the role of teacher in present time?
- the giver of knowledge
- of facilitator
Question: Which one of the following best/appropriately describes the teacher’s role in a secondary school classroom?
- providing opportunities for discussions
- encourage learners to compete among themselves for place
- Discouraging multiple perspectives and focusing on one-dimensional perspective
- Using Powerpoint Presentation to Give a Lecture
Question: The most important aim of education is
- earn living
- All round development of the child
- learn to read and write
- intellectual development
Question: Which statement is not true regarding the recommendations of the National Curriculum Framework 2005?
- keeping universities free from politics
- linking knowledge to outer life
- Respect for the democratic values of the nation
- Flexibility in exams
Question: What is not included in child centered education?
- assign homework
- prompting the child to ask questions
- prioritizing the child’s experience
- foster child’s creativity
Question: With reference to progressive education, which one of the following statements is correct according to John Dewey?
- Democracy should have no place in the classroom
- Students should be able to solve social problems on their own
- Curiosity is not inherent in the nature of the students but it should be attracted/promoted
- Students in the classroom should be observed and not listened
Question: Progressive education is related to which of the following statements?
- Teachers are enablers of information and authority
- Knowledge stems from direct experience and collaboration
- Learning follows a straight path with gathering of facts and proficiency in skills
- Exam criteria are contextual and external
Question: In the context of progressive education, ‘equal educational opportunity’ means that all students
- Receive education with the same methods and materials without distinction
- Get an education which is best suited for them and helpful in their future work.
- Get equal education irrespective of caste, creed, colour, region and religion.
- To prove their abilities after getting the same education.
Answer : ??
What would be the correct answer to this question? Do give us your answer in the comment section.
Hope you have liked the information given by us about 15 important questions and answers related to the concept of child-centred and progressive education. Bookmark the government alerts for all the latest updates related to CTET exam.