Do you love flowers and plants? Do you enjoy meeting new people? Then we have the role for you!
We need help co-ordinating our Open Garden programme across the UK. Our Gardens Event Volunteers play an important role in making this possible.
If you think you have the skills needed and would like to join the team, please get in touch!
We look forward to meeting you!
Health and Safety Statement
We take an individual approach to ensuring your safety.
We may ask you to complete a simple risk assessment. We will also have a conversation with you to discuss any restrictions that may still be in place in your region and identify any adjustments you may need.
More about this role
Open Gardens volunteer[display-posts orderby="rand"]
Where you will be based
Why we want you
Across the UK we host lots of Open Gardens which need your help! We are looking for extra hands to promote the event across your networks of friends, colleagues and neighbours, to help prepare for event day, and to lend a hand in a variety in ways on the day!
What you will be doing
- Contacting garden owners to confirm arrangements
- Preparing and helping to deliver brochures to locations across the county
- Sharing posts on social media with your local contacts and groups
- Putting out signage before the event and taking down afterwards
- At the garden on the day – collecting money, directing people, organising and serving refreshments
The skills you need
- Enthusiasm and energy!
- Passion for the great outdoors!
- Willingness to travel and can drive (preferred but not essential)
What’s in it for you
- Be involved in a fantastic event!
- Gain experience and confidence
- Use your skills to raise vital funds and make a difference
- Be the power of kindness in your community