- Android: the guide to transfer applications from one cell phone to another via Bluetooth
- Android: how to force restart your phone when it’s crashing?
All smartphones with operating system Android they have the Google Assistant, a software developed with artificial intelligence that you can control with certain voice commands, it is possible to consult and order whatever you want, such as: the current exchange rate of your currency to dollars or vice versa, open applications, perform mathematical operations, etc. In this opportunity, from Mag we will teach you to replace Google’s virtual assistant with the one developed by the Amazon company, we are talking about “Alexa”. Take note.
LOOK: So you can know what is the model of your Android phone
So you can change the Google Assistant for Alexa from your Android mobile
- First, go to the Google Play Store Android and download the “Amazon Alexa” app, you can get it quickly by clicking here.
- Now, open the application and grant it all the permissions, in this way it can work without problems.
- It is necessary that you previously create an Amazon account to log in.
- After doing so, click on the “Settings” that are located in the side menu.
- The next step is to click on the “Alexa Hands-Free” section and activate the switch of the same name.
- A window will be enabled where you will have to repeat 5 voice commands, it is a voice recognition practice so that Alexa identifies you when you call her.
- We recommend you situate yourself in a quiet place.
- Done, now all that remains is to say “Alexa” and ask her for something, for example: “Alex, what time is it?” will immediately reply to you.
That would be all. This way you will forget about the Google Assistant, it is possible to use both on the same phone, since to activate Google’s virtual assistant you only have to say “Ok Google”. Remember that for a long time now you can ask Alexa for music, weather information, set alarms, etc., all this even if you do not have the application open, since you have enabled the “Hands-free” mode.
For this reason the gear icon appears on your Android phone
- The “Settings” icon appears when you have just turned on a new cell phone.
- If you display the notification bar, the message will detail that you must configure your cell phone before starting to use it.
- After you finish the setup, Google will know if you want to activate the voice assistant.
- Likewise, it will ask you for a password, security pattern, fingerprint, etc., in case you have not entered it.
- It will also provide you with a series of guidelines if you want your cell phone to have access to your location.
- When you are done with the whole process, the “settings” icon will disappear immediately.
Follow us on our social networks: