Food plays a fundamental role in athletes as it provides them with greater development of physical capacity and performance. For this reason, it is important to include foods that provide high-value protein in your diet, and pork is the best option. Therefore, the professional or amateur athlete is recommended to include it in their diet 3 to 4 times a week.
Here we share 5 reasons to consume pork that perhaps you did not know.
- Contains a 48% oleic acid, a fatty acid like olive oil that helps balance cholesterol levels.
- A pork fillet gives you almost 20g protein per 100g, a source of natural amino acids for your muscles.
- Pork has a Omega 9 fat intake, superior to beef and chicken. That is, it has a fatty acid that has multiple benefits for sports performance.
- The pork tenderloin is an ideal type of cut for athletes who seek regain or increase body mass of the body since it has only 2.6 percent fat, lower than other meats, which makes it a great source of protein.
- Its versatility when cooking it. Because in addition to being one of the options for a balanced diet, cuts are easy to cook: either grilled, roasted, casserole with slow cooking, breaded, and other alternatives to include in your healthy menu.
“The key to pork consumption is in balance: neither extreme is good, and it is essential to know that health goes hand in hand with a varied diet that includes all the necessary nutrients for vital functions “, says the nutritionist Milagros Agurto.
For her part, Jessica Julca, Manager for South America of the Federation of Meat Exporters of the United States, points out that at this moment they are focusing efforts so that families can incorporate a protein with high protein value, such as meat, into their daily menu. pork.
“Pork meat, in addition to being very versatile in our kitchen, has great nutritional advantages. For this reason, throughout the month of November and December we will work on an initiative called #PoramoralChancho in order to promote the different cuts of this input “he commented.