3 ingredient kitchen
Blitz Recipe: Quick Shakshuka
Shakshuka is the perfect lunch or dinner when you’re in a hurry. Because it is ready in just 20 minutes and is extremely healthy. For the basic version you only need three ingredients.
This shakshuka is perfect for those looking for a quick and healthy meal. For the basic version of the delicious recipe from Israel you only need three ingredients. Depending on your mood, the shakshuka gets an aromatic upgrade thanks to oriental spices, fresh herbs and your favorite vegetables from the store.
The combination of spring onions, tomatoes and eggs provides the body with vitamins, minerals, plenty of protein and lots of fiber. This keeps you full for a long time without falling into a tired afternoon slump after eating – the perfect lunch!
3-ingredient kitchen: recipe for healthy shakshuka
The ingredients for two servings:
- 1/2 bunch spring onions (or 200 g other vegetables from stock, such as eggplant, peppers or spinach)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Wash and trim the spring onions and cut into thin strips.
- Heat a non-stick pan with some oil from the reserve to medium temperature and sauté the white part of the spring onions in it.
- Add the diced tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Now use a spoon to make four indentations in the tomato mass. Crack an egg into each well. Put the lid on the pan and simmer for about 6-8 minutes until the egg whites have set.
- Sprinkle the green part of the spring onions over the finished shakshuka and enjoy while still warm.
Tip: If you like, you can refine the shakshuka with spices such as paprika powder, turmeric, cumin and chili. Feta, parsley and other herbs taste great as a topping – some flatbread or wholemeal toast provide additional energy in the form of carbohydrates.
Also try our 3-ingredient recipes for quick cacio e pepe or biscuits from stock.
Sources used: own research