Junior Product Owner
Location: Wilmslow office-based, or hybrid split of 2 days home / 3 days office
Salary: up to £25,000 per annum
We are Citation Group. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, we have never and will never grow our business by cost-cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don’t do politics – we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don’t do micro-management – we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business. This is a really exciting opportunity to join us in this role. Across our group companies we have over 60,000 clients who love us, need us and want to buy more from us. Having acquired 13 businesses over the last 4 years which offer products and services that our clients need and want; we’re only interested in future growth; we’re not finished yet.
We’ve just entered our 3rd wave of private equity ownership alongside KKR and Hg Capital and don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon. This also means as the company grows over the next 3 to 5 years, you’ve got the opportunity to do so too! If the prospect of this excites you… good, you’re the right type of person for us.
We are looking for a Junior Product Owner who is passionate about online client experiences, curious about really understanding the client needs with a flair for technology to innovate.
You will support our strategy to exceed client’s expectations and to be market leaders in our fields. You’ll work with a Product Owner, other market experts and our UX / UI team and engineers to help develop the best solutions for our clients’ needs.
We challenge ourselves to use technology to optimise our demanding customers’ experience, continually seeking to standardise our technology approach across the Group.
Work with the Product Owner to:
* Monitor and assess the competitive landscape for your product areas.
* Join sales and client success colleagues on visits and calls to hear and feedback into the Product Management team what customers have to say about our software.
* Shape and challenge prototypes for new or enhanced features on behalf of internal and external stakeholders, liaising with users and designers to refine proposals.
* Clearly define and articulate new requirements, ideally as user stories, aligned to our clients’ needs and designs to a consistently high standard.
* Participate in Agile ceremonies to ensure engineering teams deliver new features and functionality in line with documented requirements.
* Become a SME championing your product areas when liaising with internal customers and external clients.
* Produce timely, user-focused internal and external communications and launch materials.
* Refine the product and sprint backlogs based on the overall strategy and business objectives set by the
* Actively participate in Scrum ceremonies supported by our Agile coaches.
* Ensure developed features and functionality are fit for purpose and that quality standards are consistently upheld.
What we are looking for:
* Basic understanding of agile methodologies
* Basic understanding of UX/UI principles
* Client and quality focus
* Ability to prioritise and take ownership
* Experience of documenting requirements and ideally, though not essential, creating user stories
* Ability to engage with stakeholders
* A positive attitude – team player
* An enthusiastic individual with ambition to progress themselves and the business
What’s in it for you?
What we offer in return is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing market for a Group that has recently seen massive investment to grow both organically and through M&A. continuing our domination in the compliance space.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and we don’t expect you to either! From your birthday off (paid!), space hopper races and incredible Christmas parties, to a 25-day holiday entitlement, the opportunity to purchase up to 10 days annual leave, pension contributions, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, we do our fair share to keep things fun.
If you are still reading this, it says our culture is for you. Apply now. Come join us.[display-posts orderby="rand"]