3RD Line Support Engineer
Location – Wilmslow
Salary – £35-£40k
Here at Citation, we currently have a vacancy for a 3rd line support engineer to grow our ever-expanding IT team within our compliance division.
You will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced, professional environment and should have excellent customer service skills and broad knowledge of IT. Be confident, friendly and approachable with a good telephone manner and able to communicate with staff who have varying IT Knowledge. Having an eye for detail and accuracy is essential.
* Work closely with IT Support Team to develop and maintain the operational infrastructure / IT systems across the Citation Compliance Division.
* Manage an existing virtual server platform on VMWare, with plans to eventually migrate onto cloud platforms (Azure).
* To act as the final line on the Service Desk to ensure the adequate resolution of internal and external client requests.
* Work in a collaborative way with all in the IT team to support the implementation of the IT vision and strategy.
* Proactively contribute to knowledge transfer to the IT Service Desk.
* Ensure technical solutions are reliable, scalable and secure.
* Ensure the companies IT systems and procedures conform to the specification required for various accreditations such as ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials Plus.
* Proactively identify problems, trends and recommendations to optimise IT performance and stability.
* Keep up to date on infrastructure and security trends, developments and the associated opportunities and contribute to the development of plans to exploit those trends to improve the IT service delivery to the group.
* Supporting Users on both Hardware and Software applications
* Be able to take ownership of projects and tasks, to deliver on time to a satisfactory standard.
* O365, AD Administration skills
* Exposure to SharePoint Online administration
* Need to have a good and demonstrable understanding of ITIL practices
* A strong understanding of Windows Server technologies and Windows Desktop.
* Microsoft Azure Experience
* 3-5 years’ experience within a 3rd line support role
* An understanding of Disaster Recovery and High Availability technologies,
* The ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot independently to find a solution.
* A strong understanding of various networking technologies such as DNS, DHCP, Firewalls and routing.
* Exceptional Customer Service skills
* PowerShell Scripting Experience (AD, Exchange, MSOL, Azure)
* Knowledge and experience working with Office 365 / Azure AD
* Office 365 Administrator MS-030 Qualified
* ITIL Level 3/4 Qualified
* VOIP Telephony
* Knowledge of SQL would be beneficial
* Microsoft IIS / Apache Web Server
* Linux Server (Ubuntu, CentOS)
We are Citation. We are far from your average service provider. Our colleagues bring their brilliant selves to work every day and we create an environment where they can shine. We are a nice bunch. We don’t do office politics or “that’s not my job”. We listen, support and take ownership.
We have been proudly delivering valuable HR and Health and Safety services to SME’s across the UK for over 20 years. Passionate about service, we’re on a mission to revolutionise our colleague’s and clients’ experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.[display-posts orderby="rand"]
Working for Citation you will have access to 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun and professional, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job (no ‘mood hoovers’ here thanks!) and want the Company to succeed.
So, if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.