As what it is: all a star who has broken several records in soccerthat’s how it was presented Cristiano Ronaldo in Al Nassarhis new club where he will delight his fans and his millions of followers around the world with his talent, who were already looking forward to seeing him back on the pitch.
In this way, the winner of five Ballon d’Ors, as well as four Golden Boots, marks his return in style in a new sporting arena: the Arab league, where he expects “break some records”as he pointed out during his presentation.
To have the presence of the 37-year-old Portuguese star, the club will pay him the sum of 200 million euros per season, making him the highest paid player in soccer history. Here are 10 facts about the new team of the first footballer to score in five editions of the World Cup (Germany 2006, South Africa 2010, Brazil 2014, Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022).
1. WHEN WAS THE NASSR CREATED?
Al Nassr Football Club is an Arab league football team that was created in 1955, which is based in Riyadh. It competes in the country’s first division of the Saudi Professional League (SPL), which has 18 teams.
2. WHAT DOES THE NASSR MEAN AND WHAT COLORS IDENTIFY IT?
Al Nassr means Victory and the colors that identify it are yellow and blue.
3. WHAT DOES THE AL NASSAR LOGO LOOK LIKE?
The Al Nassr logo symbolizes the map of Arabia with two colors: yellow for the sand of the Arabian deserts and blue for the waters of the Arabian and Red seas, and the Arabian Gulf. The most modern version is influenced by the old logo, although the one now only represents the football team, while the old one represents the club as a whole.
4. WHO ARE THE OWNERS OF AL NASSR?
Al Nassr was founded by Zeid Bin Mutlaq Al-Ja’ba Al-Dewish Al-Mutairi. It is administered by Saudi princes and sheikhs, being the first president of the club Abdul Rahman bin Saud Al Saud; Currently, the position is held by Musalli Al-Muammar, who was elected in 2017.
5. WHERE DOES NASSR PLAY YOUR HOME MATCHES?
All the matches that Al Nassr has to play at home are played at Mrsool Park.
6. HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS HAS THE NASSR WON?
In Saudi Arabia, Al Nassr is one of the most successful clubs having achieved 27 championships in all competitions.
- Nine Premier League titles.
- Six King’s Cups.
- Three Cups of the Crown Prince.
- Three Federation Cups.
- Two Saudi Arabian Super Cups
Internationally he won:
- Two GCC Champions Leagues
- A historic Asian double in 1998 by claiming both the Asian Cup Winners’ Cup and the Asian Super Cup.
7. HOW WAS THE PREVIOUS SEASON?
Although he finished in the top, Al Nassr came third last season, six points behind champions Al Hilal.
8. WHO IS THE COACH OF AL NASSR?
Al Nassr’s coach is the Frenchman Rudi García, who has been in the position since June 2022. He previously managed Lyon (October 2019 – May 2021), Marseille (October 2016 – May 2019), Rome (June 2013 – January 2016) , among others.
9. WHAT OTHER FOOTBALL PLAYERS PLAY FOR AL NASSR?
- The Cameroon player Vincent Aboubakar, who scored the winning goal for his team against Brazil in Qatar 2022. He broke the streak of the Rio de Janeiro team, which had not lost in the group stage since the 1998 World Cup in France.
- Colombia goalkeeper David Ospina, who played for Arsenal and Napoli.
- The Brazilian Luiz Gustavo, who played for Bayern Munich, VfL Wolfsburg, Olympique de Marseille, among others.
- The Spanish Álvaro González, who played for Racing Santander, Zaragoza, Espanyol, Villarreal and Marseille.
10. OTHER CLUBS ALSO CARRY THAT NAME
The club name Al Nassr is also carried by teams from other countries such as Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Libya. However, Saudi Arabia was the first to take the name.